This Is NOT Good

(I don't own this series.)

Spike/Chase's eyes were dim and lifeless.

Douglas poked him in the side after ten minutes of Chase/Spike standing motionless. No response.

"Who is Spike?" Douglas asked, though he had a feeling he already knew.

"Chase's commando app," Donald replied, "but I don't know what could have caused it to engage like that. And he's never been Spike for that long."

"Adam was going to teach us how to play Throw the Nerd," Bob said excitedly, "but then Chase, like froze then he growled at us."

"Chase slept all day yesterday, he could have used some exercise," Adam defended himself.

"Did anybody do anything to his chip?"

"Spin spilled smoothie on his tablet the other day," Leo said quickly, pointing at the young bionic.

"He didn't yell! He just laughed dryly and I left. He looked pretty calm to me!" Spin said quickly in his own defense.

"It must have done something to his commando app. I don't know what's happening to him right now."

Spike's face was still blank when he started talking out loud.

CHASE!?

"Chase!" Spike growled angrily, "where are you!? This ain't funny anymore! I'm really getting angry now! Where are you!?"

One of the students did the 'loco' sign, and the person next to her snickered. Only to earn a glare from Mr. Davenport.

Spike blinked, his eyes focusing sharply on the nearest student. "Alright, which one of you bozos is hiding that wimp!? Tell him I'm sick of this and he can come deal with all the drama!"

"What do you mean, where's Chase!?" Bree shouted, grabbing Spike's shoulders, "where is he!? WHERE IS HE!? You mean you can tell where the heck he is when he's in commando mode!? WHAT!?"

"Calm down, girlzilla," Spike scowled, "he's probably around this stupid brain somewhere."

"I'll have to check his chip, see if anything's wrong," Donald said, "get Spike in Chase's capsule."

When a couple students warily started edging towards him, Spike growled angrily and they quickly backed off. "I can get in the glass tube myself," Spike said, anger flashing in his eyes as if he had been hurt by Donald not addressing him at all. Spike stormed off towards the mentor's room. Once there, he climbed into the capsule and shut the door behind him, glaring threateningly at the people outside the capsule. He watched Donald warily. Frankly, he didn't trust Mr. Davenport.

Donald Davenport frowned as he tapped away on a screen. Spike didn't understand what he was doing, but if that guy tried anything, Spike would rip him limb from limb and use the body parts to slap everybody else.

"There's nothing wrong with the chip." Donald sounded bewildered, and Spike cracked his knuckles and neck, making some of the students and even the two mentors, Adam and Bree, glance at him warily.

"What? There's nothing wrong with it?" Fruit fly Leo gaped, "then why is he still Spike?"

Douglas looked over Donald's shoulder and the color drained from his face. He chuckled nervously before taking several steps back, "you know what? I haven't been to the mainland in a while, I should take a vacation."

"You're not going anywhere! You're going to help me fix this mess!" Donald said, grabbing Douglas by the back of his shirt and halting him in his tracks. Some of the students blocked the door.

"I don't need fixed!" Spike growled, "but I'd be glad to fix your ugly mugs with my fists!"

"Big D, what's wrong?" Leo asked, looking suspicious.

"Is Chase going to get better?" Adam asked, looking away from Spike to stare at Donald.

"Of course he is, Adam. It just might take a while."

"What's wrong with him?" Bree asked, glaring, demanding an answer.

"Donnie?" Douglas said, taking a step back.

Donald sighed, "according to this, Chase's commando app isn't activated right now."

"Which means?" Adam asked, oblivious as most of the others covered their mouths, their eyes wide.

Commando app engaged

Hi, Chase!

Chase's face paled, "why is there a voice in my head? Have I gone crazy!?"

Donald sighed, "Chase is the commando app."