Chapter 2: Good or Bad?

A/N: so I split up the last chapter because it was so long and I changed a bit of it to make more sense and not feel like I was skipping over important details. If you feel like you recognize the beginning that's because you do, but I recommend rereading it cause many things have changed.

I wake up to an empty bed with the TV turned off. I must have fallen asleep during the movie, that's what he gets for picking a boring movie. I lay in my bed for a while not wanting to get up and go to a random school where I don't know anyone. After I finally work up the courage, I get up.

I walk into the bathroom and tie my hair up in a bun to take a quick body shower. After about 5 minutes I hop out and pick out a short flowy skirt(can you tell I really like them?) and simple black crop top that fits my body perfectly. I then head down the winding halls to go eat breakfast.

As soon as I walk through the kitchen door everyone immediately judges my outfit. "Go back upstairs and change, you're not wearing that," Lorenzo demands. Bipolar much?

"Can everyone just let me live my life for one day without being told exactly what to do," I beg with tiredness in my voice. "Stop acting like the victim. Anyway, father wants to talk to you in his office," Nicolas points his head in the direction of fathers office.

I walk out of the kitchen with an apple in my hand knowing that will be the only breakfast I will eat today.

Once I get through the long hallways of my house, I knock on my father's office door. "Come in," I hear my father say from behind the closed doors.

I push open one of the doors and take a seat in front of his big, wooden desk. "Good morning," he greets me as I begin to sit down. "Good morning father," I greet back.

"Me and your mother have been talking," he begins, "and we think it's time that you continue the family tradition and get married to a man of our choice," he tells me sternly. I inhale deeply trying to stay calm. I knew this day was coming but not this soon. I mean I'm only 17, I only learned how to drive like a year ago.

"Ok," I answered calmly. "Perfect. Just the reaction I was hoping you'd have," he smiled, content with my answer. I hate the fact that my parents easily gave me away to some man I don't know, but in all reality I don't hate the idea of being told who to love because knowing myself the way I do, I would have never found love by myself and just died lonely.

It's not that I don't feel like I am lovable, but that I am incapable of loving others. I have had many people in my life tell me they loved me, but the way I was raised never allowed me to reciprocate the love.

I was raised in a family where my father was only there for me to keep a roof above my head and food on the table, not to support me or love me for who I was and who I was going to become in my later years of life. I was raised in a family where my mother dedicated all her love to my siblings because I can hide my emotions so well that she just assumed I didn't need love, she just assumed that I was ok with the fact that she openly favored my two older brothers over me. I was raised in a family where my siblings used me for their personal entertainment, but when they got bored of me after a few hours it went back to feeling like I had no siblings at all, it went back to feeling like I was alone all over again, surrounded by darkness in a fully lit room.

I shove all those emotions to the back of my head and continue listening to what he has to say next. "He and his family will be coming over tonight for dinner, I'd like you to be on your best behavior and do what he says, he's a serious man and will demand respect. Do you understand? He questions with a serious look on his face showing he's not messing around.