𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑭𝑳𝒀 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑴𝑬

Omniscient POV:

Phil is sitting on the couch watching TV, and Claire is sifting through mail on the table behind him. 

"Honey, I thought you were going to take out the garbage." Claire looks up.

Phil shoots up and off of the couch. "I am." He doesn't take his eyes off the TV, causing Phil to flop back down onto the couch.

"Phil." Claire warns. 

Phil quickly looks from the TV and back to his wife. "Getting it."

Before he can slowly pick up the bag, Claire walks over and picks it up herself.

"I was--I was gonna get it." Phil sighs.

Claire opens the front door and sees Dylan standing there. "Dylan?" She asks.

"Hey, Mrs. Dunphy. Um, I'm just waiting for Haley." Dylan shifts his stands.

Claire raises an eyebrow. "Did you ring the bell?"

"I texted." Dylan nods. "She said she'll be down in a minute."

Claire sighs. "Oh, great. Tell her I said hi." She exits the house.

"Dylan! D-Money!" Phil looks over to the stairs and sees Dylan. "Chillin' with Dylan the Villian! D to the Y to the--"

Dylan sighs. "Hey, Mr. Dunphy."

"Hey! Come on in." Phil flops down on the couch. "You're just in time to catch the end of the game."

Dylan scratches the back of his neck. "Oh, I'm not really a baseball guy." Claire walks into the kitchen.

"Haley says hi." Dylan looks up from his phone.

Claire sighs at Dylan's stupidity. "I was just being facetious."

Phil pats the seat on the couch next to him. "C'mon. I'll catch you up. Sit it. Park it."

Dylan sits on the couch's arm.

"C'mon, I don't bite." Phil pats the couch again.

Dylan moves to sit down.

Phil barks at the young boy and he jumps.

"Kidding." Phil smiles.

Phil starts explain the baseball game to Dylan, but he seems to have no interest in it.

~

"I wish I could stay home with you and play toy airplanes." Manny sighs.

Jay rolls his eyes. "These aren't toy airplanes, Manny. These are models, and they're very complicated. You wanna fly one of these, you gotta be very familiar with airfoil, drag, lift, and thrust. And these are all principles of aerodynamics."

"Quit yapping!" Yasmin fastens her hoop to her ear. "And besides, the box says twelve and up." She points at a label on the box and gives Jay a grin.

Jay's smile disappears. "What?"

"You can fly toy planes with Jay next time. Today you have to spend time with Luke." Gloria tells her son.

Manny whines. "Why?"

"Family needs to be close, right Jay?" Gloria turns to her husband.

Jay points to the box. "I'm pretty sure this is a typo."

~

YASMIN

Yasmin: "I think Jay just needs to grow up. With the toy planes, and the tools, and the cars, the list goes on and on. I can't wait for the day of his retirement party. Then he'll be prancing around a golf course, with a bottle of whiskey and handing me a big stack of cash."