*~🌊Chapter One🌊~*

If Crumble Cake could use one word to describe herself, it would be pathetic.
Not in the self deprecating way!
She just genuinely was pathetic.

Whether it be just trying to will herself to purchase something small from the supermarket or even attempting to talk to someone.
Most of these encounters would end in her becoming paralyzed with fear.
She found it difficult to act without hesitation and just believe in herself.

She hated the feeling.
She wanted nothing more than to break out of her shell and achieve self reliance.
To no longer be paralyzed by such small decisions.

So when sign up's to join the navy went around, it seemed like the perfect opportunity for Crumble to prove to herself that she did have the power to make tough decisions and that she could take care of herself!

"Oh Crumble, are you sure this is a good idea?" Her mother, Vanilla Pudding, asked. "We could find you a better place to spread your wings that doesn't involve sailing across the ocean..."

Crumble looked over her shoulder.
Following meekly behind her was her mother. With a rather pill-shaped body and a light yellow dough. Her thick and curly, daisy yellow hair, swayed in the breeze.
Despite it not being a big occasion, Vanilla saw it fit to wear a light blue, with embroidered floral print, summer dress to the occasion.
Her tiny, three toed paws struggled to keep up as her thick tail dragged behind.
Her large black eyes stared at Crumble with worry and insecurity.

"Perhaps next year would be better...?"
"We need to let Crumble start making her own decisions..." A gruff voice answered.
It was undoubtedly Crumble's dad, always the gruff, "let her do it herself", type of person which helped balance out Vanilla's, "I must protect her", personality.

His pale red body was also pill-shaped (like most cookiecats) but unlike Vanilla, he had straight brick red hair. He also had scars all over his body from the 'wild jobs' he used to do before her married Vanilla Pudding.
He also dressed more casually, settling for a black shirt and grey cargo pants (that had been modified to allow his, rather fat, tail to be out).
Two large red ears, which poked out from his hair, twitched as he awaited an answer.

"..I-I know Red Fondant! But, for her to be gone for so long.." Vanilla lagged behind, forcing Red Fondant to try and talk her out of her slump.
While Crumble waited for them to finish talking it out, she stared down at her light yellow hands (she had inherited her mother's dough color).
Her hands held the Navy application papers. One showed a list of perks and joining information, the other simply wanted her personal information.
She had already received her uniform days prior, which was a white and blue striped suit with similarly colored pants.
It was rather pretty in her opinion.

"Ooo, it's just..I'll really miss you Crumble!" Vanilla said tearfully, jogging back to catch up with Crumble.
"Mom..I haven't left yet." Crumble chuckled as Vanilla grabbed her right hand. "And besides, my little brother will be coming home soon."
Vanilla sighed, "I suppose your right. I just hope that your making the right decision here.."

Crumble could feel it within herself, she was making the right decision here.

As they neared the port, Crumble could practically taste the salt in the air. Seagulls cawed as flew around in the air, searching for any scraps of food that might've been around.
At the docks were several small boats (likely transporting supplies) but the one Crumble was looking for lied in the far right corner of the docks.

There was a large ship, mostly white and silver in color and a large structure that made it seem like the boat could withstand even the most violent of storms.
To the side of the ship there seemed to be a cookie examining and waving in recruits.
Despite everything, Crumble could still feel butterflies welling up in her stomach.