♛ | Mystic Mothers

When Udonna came to the Mystic Mother with the Mystic Wands in hand, she was desperate and grieving the deaths of her friends, family, and husband. She grasped onto one of the only other things she knew to keep her stable, anchored to the real world and out of her drowning guilt and grief; The prophecies of the Xenotome. So, she moved on - as hard as it was - she kept moving to keep the Mystic Realm ready for the five warriors that will one day come and save them all. She gathered knowledge and organized and planned.

And with the plan came the first step which was the Mystic Wands.

When Udonna came to Mystic Mother with the Mystic Wands in hand, she pleaded and cried out to the wise woman to help. Mystic Mother wasn't one to deny such a desperate woman, calling out for help not only for the Mystic Realm but for herself as well. Mystic Mother took those Mystic Wands and infused them with something not many have access to; the Morphin Grid. She then took it into her own hands to create another wand infused with magic from the Mystic Wands, her own magic, and the Morphin Grid, all the while chuckling to herself like it was some kind of joke.

(The wise woman had seen something as she was working on the other wands and she knew she had to make it come true.)

Udonna had been surprised by the new wand. No where in the Xenotome was there ever a mention of a sixth warrior. It grated on her forced anchor on the Xenotome and rattled her weak grasp on control. She asked Mystic Mother why she created another wand when the Xenotome only counted five warriors - why aren't you following the prophecy? Why are you going off course? - Mystic Mother told Udonna to check again.

Those two words confused Undonna. She had read that tome, front to back, cover to cover, hundreds of times. Never once did it mention a sixth.

Udonna left the Mystic Mother after that. She took the Wands and left. She stored them away, tucked back safely in a secret corner where no one can take them before the warriors can. She doesn't check the Xenotome.

She continues to plan and prepare herself for the warriors, taking on account that she may have to teach them of magic and other things of the Mystic Realm that she's known all her life because she was born here. She collects and stores books for them once they come. She never checks the Xenotome.

Months after her encounter with the Mystic Mother, months after the last time she checked the Xenotome, Udonna has a nightmare. Normally, she wouldn't allow a simple nightmare, one she had been having for years, shake her so badly, but the screams of terror and the dull eyes of her dead friends paired with the accusing tones of sacrificed villagers - Why didn't you save them, Udonna? Why aren't you strong like them? Why didn't you do more? - tipped her over. She ran back, crawling to what she once used as a crutch to her grief and guilt.

She cracked open the dusty, untouched book and gasped at the unfamiliar sight of the first page. One she prided herself in memorizing all the tiny details of words and pictures. Now it's nothing more than a stranger. It makes Udonna feel... free.

Udonna continues to read on and familiarize herself with the text once more. Nothing has really changed besides the mentions of six. It was the pictures that truly fascinated her. The magnetic warrior clad in gold and black with the markings of a dragon. It stood out against the yellowing paper of the Xenotome and the other multicolored warriors standing by their side.

(But it wasn't the color that made it stand out. This warrior looked sure of themself unlike some of the other warriors. They stood tall and proud with a strength in how they held their wand in front of them. Like they knew they'd be able to fight without it. They knew how to use magic and to fight and they wouldn't hesitate to do either.)

As the days move on, Udonna takes time to stare at the picture of the sixth warrior. She becomes familiar with it, admiring the art of the warrior and the way the colors sparkle on the page.

Finally, she can't take it anymore and her curiosity wins. Udonna goes back to the Mystic Mother. She rambles on about her thoughts on the sixth warrior, asking question after question, wondering how the Mystic Mother knew the Xenotome would change and how there would be a sixth warrior. The Mystic Mother lets her talk and talk for seemingly eternity. She doesn't say a word until Udonna's voice drifts off into silence. She doesn't even mention a headache. But she barely answers any of the poor woman's questions.

"I saw the sixth warrior... I saw that there will be a girl. She'll be the epiphany of light. She'll burn as hot as the sun and her smile will light up a room. She'll be the brightest star in a vast of darkness."

The Mystic Mother told Udonna with a knowing little smile.

The Light Wand will find its way to a very special woman.

☵☲☶☴

There you go everyone, the first chapter and little prologue of A Loving Light. I'm just gonna tell you guys up front that this was not gonna be the first chapter, I wasn't even gonna give a prologue it was just gonna jump right in, but while I was writing the first story I had an idea of how Eve's wand was made and it blossomed into this kinda sorta character study of Udonna and Evelyn lore. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the story of Eve's second go at being a ranger. Be prepared, it will have a pretty good amount of intense angst, but, of course, there will be a lot of fluff and jokes. I think, I hope, you guys will love the Mystic team's dynamic with Eve. You'll have to wait for next week to see it though ;).