Uh-Oh

Chapter Three

I woke up to Arci singing Sweet Child O' Mine, old song but everyone knows it, especially kids which is a surprise since the songs today are different from when I was a kid.

Rolling over to my right so I can get my phone that was charging to check the time. It's barely 9AM and Arci's already making commotions. I stood up and stretched my whole body while yawning. While fixing the bed I couldn't help but notice the girl I'm seeing through the window. She's dancing her heart out like no one's watching. A smile formed on my face as I fix the pillows. I'm not a creep, just like how she doesn't care about her surroundings, she's basically happy doing whatever she likes which is a good thing and should be taught to everyone.

After fixing the bed and getting my phone, I went to the living room where Arci's singing her song. I immediately look away because she's wearing shorts, like a short shorts and a tanktop. Just those. I cleared my throat to get her attention, she got startled, I said sorry.

"Where's Manong Kim and Manang Fely?" I asked her still looking away. I noticed that they're not here because Manang Fely wakes up early in the morning to cook, and there's no one in the kitchen. Manong Kim on the other hand likes to watch the news at this time and the TV is off.

"Wala, bumili lang ng pandesal para almusal." She said covering her chest with a pillow that was on the chair. I didn't see her do it but I heard a creak on the chair which means someone's sitting there.

I smiled at her but a smirk formed on my face. I glanced through the little screen of their door to check if my mom's already home, she still isn't. All I'm seeing is that kids running around, playing those Filipino games which is better than game consoles because you're actually active instead of you just sitting down.

"Ano ang nagdala sa'yo para mapunta ka dito?" Arci suddenly asked.

Shrugging my shoulders, I took a deep breath. What took me to come here? The girl, that's the only answer I can think of. "My car." I sarcastically said making her chuckle.

"Pilosopo ka ah, di nga... unexpected kasi ang pagpunta mo dito e. After 16 years tsaka ka lang bibisita ulit?"

I sat down next to Arci, we both heard a creak that was coming from the chair. "I'm visiting because of my mom, she's pregnant and I want to be there for her. I usually visit during the weekends, well if I feel like visiting. I get lazy sometimes with the long drive and all of that. It's tiring."

She slowly nodded and hugged the pillow that was covering her chest, she hugged it tight.

"You wanna say something?" She shook her head and looked the other way trying to avoid me and the question. "I know you, Arci. I know you want to say something."

She shook her head once more. "Alam mo bang ikaw ang ultimate crush ko? Bata palang tayo nagagwapuhan na ako sa'yo." She said which startled me. I didn't expect that from her... the Arci that used to act like a guy. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

I didn't know what to say... no, I can't say something.

I scratched the back of my neck as I bite the inside of my cheek. "Wow." I mumbled, which is a stupid thing to say. I tried to smile as big as I can but it's only coming out as a forced smile. If you guys can imagine me right now, I look pretty stupid.

"Gusto ko lang sabihin sa'yo. Hindi ko nasabi nang maaga, umalis ka na kasi e. Iniwan mo ako, sumunod naman si Billy." She said, her voice is trembling.

Is she crying? Oh God, I didn't know.

She sniffled and faced me, she had a smile on her face. "Bakit kayong mga lalake, ang hilig niyong mang-iwan. Di niyo ba alam na nasasaktan din kaming mga babae?"