An Odd Visitor

— CHAPTER 2 —

Nearly ten years had passed since Aunt Natalie had found Y/n at the front door of her house. Y/n was living a normal life, (as of though she thought)

Aunt Natalie typically did not pay much attention to Y/n, this is because she often spent her time out with her friends either partying or crashing at other peoples houses.

She also lacked any knowledge about her parents; in fact, she wasn't even sure of their current status, whether they were still alive. Despite wanting to know the answer for over five years, she found herself with the only person to know the answers, not at home.

Every single Wednesday, Y/n's street usually put newspapers under people's doors. This was one of her favourite parts of the week since she liked to read newspapers to keep herself educated with what's going on, since her aunt never really was home to keep her informed about the happenings of the real world.

August 23rd - 11:59 PM

On her birthday, Y/n woke up in the middle of her sleep from an oddly strange dream about a magical world. While she was awake, she realised she hadn't gotten the newspaper from the front door yet. She quickly tiptoes over towards the door and picks up the newspaper excited, (thinking of it as a present for her birthday)

Suddenly, stuff clashed down from in the kitchen.  Where the back door entrance into the house was. Knowing her aunt was out, she realised it couldn't be her.

Y/ns POV

BOOM!

The sound moves towards the front door, to where I had been standing. The door of my Aunts house was hit with a struck of tremendous force which caused the door to hit the ground as I run away to hide behind the doorframe of my bedroom.

As the person steps over the door, I discover a man with wild, tangled hair along with his beard. He was donned in a shaggy cloak and had an umbrella in his cloak pocket.

Right as I take one glance at the man, which appeared to be hard to see, I run over to my desk to pick up a chair from my bedroom in defense and hold it infront of the giant (the legs of the chair facing toward him) His face still wasn't visible to me yet as it'd still been midnight.

"Who are you?!" I say giving the man a sharp stare. A burst of air hits my face from the giant man walking towards me. Finally as the man moves closer, his face becomes visible.

"Y/n! Blimey, you've grown a fair bit havent ya? No need to worry yourself, im Rubeus, Rubeus Hagrid. Got you er a little some'n for yer birthday." The giant man introduces himself, holding a cake in his hand as I slowly lower the chair from my hands.

"Ere ya go!" Hagrid says as he takes out a his umbrella as he had been wrestling with the numerous pockets on his cloak to find it.

He uses his umbrella and preforms a spell with it, causing the birthday cake fly up into the air which gets guided over towards the kitchen counter.

My eyes widen with sheer amazement, this is something beyond my previous encounters with random people my Aunt would bring home. (Y/n didn't even know if flying cakes were a thing in the real world)

"I suppose you wouldn't know about Hogwarts since yer aunts a muggle." Hagrid says chuckling to himself while putting the umbrella back in his cloak pocket.