Diagon Alley

- CHAPTER 3 -

Half an hour had gone by since we flown on the motorbike. Hagrid, having parked his flying motorbike somewhere, made it vanish into the thick air with a simple spell. I found myself standing before a brick wall, where Hagrid began to touch the bricks. They responded by wriggling slightly, and in the centre, a small hole appeared. Overtime, the small hole expanded until it revealed an open archway.

Through it, there was a narrow street lined with quaint, crooked buildings that leaned against the cobblestone pavement. Majority of people wore long robes that ambled along, holding cauldrons and, for the elder kids, broomsticks. Some kids even had their faces pressed up against windows looking into different shops.

My eyes widened with amazement as I cross the archway with Hagrid. Casting a quick look behind me, the archway morphed back into a solid brick wall like it originally was. I couldn't help but turn my head in several different directions to all the different kinds of shops.

"Well thats magic for yer!" Hagrid says glancing down at me with a slight chuckle at my reaction to Diagon Alley as he began strolling down the alley. (With me strolling behind him)

"Dont ya touch that!" A woman with a crooked face yelled outside the broomstick shop, trying to pull kids away from the window. While after dragging them away, slamming her mop against the window filled with kids fingerprints.

Another person who looked like they had been attending Hogwarts was shaking their head as we passed 'Dragon liver, sixteen sickles?! Their mad!"

"Well Y/n while we are 'ere , I want yer to meet my eh good old friend from when I start'ed Hogwarts." Hagrid says, pulling my attention away from the people. "Don't we have things to do? We've only just arrived—"

"Coswallep! Dont worry, I got et' all sorted!" reassured Hagrid, giving me a playful but gentle nudge.

I followed Hagrid quietly as we entered a dark and shabby place, a couple of women were sitting in the corner of the room, drinking glasses of alcohol. Some men were sitting on stools smoking long pipes talking to the barman. The bartender, an older bald man seemed to have recognised Hagrid immediately.

The abandoned appearance of the place had a creaky and unstable floor, causing loud noises and slight shakes with each step Hagrid took. Causing every person in the room to stop talking and watch us walk in.

The bartender waving his hand in the air, swiftly reached for a glass, pouring a drink for Hagrid without yet noticing I was there. Unfortunately, the bar counter stood to high for me, meaning I couldn't see above it and he couldn't see me.

"This is it" said Hagrid as we were walking in, 'the leaky cauldron' its a famous place here in er Diagon Alley." Right as Hagrid saw the bartender waving his hand around, he called out "Mornin', Tom! Hope yer doin' well... Y/n, this here's the one I was talkin' bout. Go on, say hello, dont be shy!"

"Y/n?" I heard the bartender ask. He leant over against the counter to see me. "Bless my soul, its Y/n! Pleasure to meet you!" He says excitedly as he reaches out for my hand. The people that were talking to the bartender turned their heads down to me.

I didn't know what to say, everyone in the place was looking at me. Even the woman in the corner was still puffing into her pipe without even realising it had gone out. I accept his handshake, him shaking it aggressively.

"The usual Hagrid?" Tom still says still shaking my hand aggressively.

"Cant Tom, I'm here to fetch Y/n here some of her stuff for the year. Dont want to be dilly-dallying here for any longer." Hagrid insisted, gently tugging me away from the bartender who had kept his hand shaking mine still. Finally, Tom released my hand. "Alright, see ya 'round, Hagrid!"