8: Poison Pickles

"Something happened, dude. We all saw it." Sam says as the six of us stand in the hallway.

"What is that thing?" Jake asks, pointing to the necklace in Felix's hands.

"It's a Talisman. Like a good-luck charm. I got it from Phoebe when the attacks started." Felix says vaguely.

"Do you think she has something to do with us being here?" Sam asks.

"How is she connected to a wormhole?"

"Maybe it's your wormhole theory that's the problem." Sam argues to Andy.

"Well, she's up to something." Felix concludes, putting the Talisman back around his neck. "I need to see her Book of Shadows."

"Her what?" I ask as Jake, Sam, Andy, Oscar and me begin to follow Felix down the corridor.

"It's where witches keep all their knowledge and power. If she's behind the attacks, the spells'd be in there somewhere." Felix explains.

"And if she's the one that brought us here?" Sam asks.

"That spell would be in the book, too." Felix says.

"Then we need to get it and make her bring us back." Sam finalises.

We walk outside and past Ellen and Mia, who were recording something, and Mr. Bates with a folder in his hands.

 "Don't let this influence your opinion on Bremin High." He says to us.

"Only confirms it, Mr. Bates." Sam calls back over his shoulder.

"And everyone look out for dog poo. It's everywhere." Bates warns us.

"Eugh!" Oscar crinkles his nose in disgust as he steps into some dog poo. "I forgot to tell you with all the excitement, that we're having dinner at a Chinese restaurant tonight. Mum wanted me to invite you." Oscar says to Felix.

"That'd be great, I'd love too." Felix replies.

"Cool, I'll tell her. Bye." Oscar says before walking away.

The rest of us glare at Felix.

"Dude!" I complain.

"What?" He shrugs.

"How come your getting invitations to dinner? What about the rest of us?" Jake asks.

"Yeah, we like food too." Sam tells him.

"Andy!" Ellen calls out to Andy from across the grounds and Felix rolls his eyes.

"Let's not get side-tracked by your lover." Felix says bitterly.

"She's not my-" Andy starts, but gets cut off by Ellen.

"Wasn't that insane?" Ellen says. "I've got to interview you."

"Wanna interview me as well?" Sam asks.

"Um, why?" Ellen said back.

"Rude." Sam murmurs dejectedly to me, Jake and Felix.

"This story is going to be huge. It's exploding all over the blogosphere. Can we talk?" Ellen asks.

"Sure," Andy says before turning to us. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

"But we have all that homework to do, at the magic shop. The book...?" Felix tells him.

"We've got all that stuff to do." Jake adds.

"Yeah, serious important stuff." Sam says.

 "Kind of urgent, Andy." I pull on his shoulders.

Andy looks at us and then back at Ellen.