??

"If you had the chance to change things between you and your brother, would you?"

There was no hesitation in his reply. "Yes."

Luhan stumbled back, his attention gazing upwards. Confusion hit him like a brick and he looked around, seeing all his friends around him in his living room, talking, laughing, and drinking. He looked down at his hands, curling and uncurling them. He furrowed his eyebrows and frowned ever so slightly.

The little deer could have sworn that he took his own life due to the grief of Sehun taking his own life. Luhan looked up once again, eyeing his closest friends. Is this all an hallucination? Is this his punishment for pushing Sehun that far? Chanyeol noticed Luhan's sudden change in behavior and stood up from where he was, walked to him and looked down at the older man.

"Something wrong, Luhan?"

"What's...the date today, Chanyeol?" Luhan asked instead, in disbelief of everything. He's supposed to be dead. Everyone else is supposed to be grown up and have kids of their own, with their careers all going strong.

The taller guy scratched his temple. "Well, the twelfth of March."

The day Sehun killed himself.

Luhan looked up at Chanyeol. "A-are you serious?"

"Yeah, it says so on my phone," Chanyeol brought it towards Luhan's face. His eyes widened, seeing the time. Memories fuzzed through Luhan's mind, and they weren't that clear, but there were some facts that didn't dare leave it. They remained for a reason.

It was already three fifty in the morning, and Sehun's time of death was approximately 1123. If Luhan recalled correctly, it took seven hours for his overdose to take effect of his body, and ultimately lowered down his blood pressure enough to stop his heart. He furrowed his brows further. He took the pills at four this morning.

Luhan froze, but his mind race. Is this fate giving him another chance to save his little brother's life? Without another word, Luhan ran and fell, but pushed himself up and went down the hall. The others watched him in confusion, but Chanyeol and Yixing hurried after him in worry.

"Sehun!" Luhan called out, the fear thick in his voice. The alcohol was still well in his system, yet he somehow was able to coherently think of Sehun and the time he took whatever pills he took. He ran right into the door, pain sparking into his forehead and body, but Luhan tried opening the door, frustrated to see it locked. "Sehun!"

"Luhan, what's wrong?" Yixing's worried voice came through his ears.

Luhan didn't look at him, and continued trying to open his door. "S-Sehun, he's going to kill himself. I won't allow him to. I can't. I won't."

"He will what?"

"I won't lose my brother again!" Luhan exerted his strength into his legs and kicked the door, using enough power to kick a hole. Splinters stuck to his skin and he winced, but he pulled his leg out and reached through and up, unlocking his door.

"Calm down Luhan!"

"How can I calm down?!" Luhan shook off whoever tried to restrain him and barged into Sehun's cold room. There was a small light on inside and Luhan stumbled in, seeing his little brother sitting on the side of his bed with an unopened muscle relaxer bottle in hand. Where did he get that. Sehun looked up at Luhan, his face blank and ghostly.

"Luhan?" His voice was weak and lifeless. Luhan sucked in a breath and ran to him, grabbing the bottle and throwing to the other side of the room. Sehun's eyes widened as he felt himself being grabbed, Luhan's face mere inches away from him. The emotions Luhan felt when Sehun died consumed him once again and tears fell down—fast.

"You fucking idiot!" Luhan yelled into Sehun's face. "Why you kill yourself?"

"Because everything hurts," Sehun murmured quietly.

Luhan sucked in a breath. He knew he was the one to blame for Sehun's endless pain and the bigger reason on why he killed himself. Sehun was shocked to see Luhan crying in front of him, but yet, how did he know? The older brother's hands shook and he released his hold on Sehun's collar, only to pull him into a tight hug.

"I can't lose you again, Sehun," he cried softly. "I-I know I treated you horribly. I regret being so horrible, to the one person in my life who has never left my side despite how I mistreated you. I understand if you'll never forgive me, but please, I can't lose you again."

"Luhan, I never left."

"I can't lose you again," he repeated his words, tightening his hold around Sehun's lean frame. "So please, never think of killing yourself. You're all who I have left."

"But—"

"No matter how many times it takes, I'll always come back and make sure this day will never repeat itself again. I'll build back up the brotherhood that I broke down because I always blamed you for Mom's and Dad's deaths. I won't dare let fate take you away from me again."

"Luhan?"

He tightened his hold, and didn't respond. Luhan was choked up in tears, relief spreading all throughout him that Sehun's body started to feel warm again. Arms wrapped around his own body and it made him cry harder.

"Thank you."

_ _ _ _ _

That day, Luhan was given the chance to reverse time and make things right his brother, despite the consequences that follow afterwards. However, his mind was set on saving Sehun, although once he returned to past when he was alive, he doesn't remember his time in the afterlife.

Because both Luhan and Sehun took their lives, two of their own friends had to replace the lives that were given to them. Their deaths brought grief, but Luhan felt no remorse saving his little brother. From now until forever, he'll never leave Sehun's side, as they watch their two dear friends getting buried.

As Chanyeol and Baekhyun took their own lives as well, the cycle to save friends' lives continued among the twelve group of friends. It was a never ending cycle of life and death, that soon took its toll on all twelve when they disrupted and broke down the boundaries of life and death far too much.

If your friend died, would you sacrifice another to resurrect them?