Chapter 5

NICKS POV

It was almost lunch time when I finally convinced Allie to let me walk her out. She insisted that it wasn't necessary and that I probably had better things to do. Id told her it was fine, and after what felt like forever she agreed with a smile. I think she still felt bad because she continued to ask me if I was still okay but I just ignored her. So now here we were standing outside of sickbay, she was leaning against the building as if it was the only thing keeping her up.

I finally took an actual look at her, she was short, only reaching about as head below my shoulder, probably not even reaching five foot, she was also extremely small. She looked like at any moment a gust of wind would come and she could snap it half. She wore purple overalls that reached mid thigh, and converse that were now slick with mud. She had been wearing a jumper but the rain had stopped and she'd taken it off. Her hair was in two long brown plaits that went down to her mid back, and she was smiling at me. Now that I noticed it, she was always smiling, hm.

'Um so im gonna get going my friends are probably waiting for me' She smiled shyly waiting for me to respond.

'Okay' was all I answered, her lips tipped downward and I realised I probably sounded rude. 'I'll see you in English yea?'

'Um y-yea s-sure' she stuttered

'And you're sure you're okay to walk? Don't feel dizzy?' I hoped she didn't, I dont think I could handle giving her something more than a concussion.

'No Im fine, no d-dizziness' She added. With that I muttered out a goodbye and turned around.

As I strode away from her, I glanced back to see her still staring at me. When our eyes met she turned bright red and took off in the opposite direction. I turned back around, treading in the direction of the cafeteria. As I finally reached the building the cafeteria was in I pushed open the door. My feet thumped against the floor, lit up by the overhead lights. Several of the cream coloured lockers had huge head shaped dents in them from what I presumed were fights, hm thats new. Slowing down to a brisk walk, I finally reached the cafeteria.

As I walked through the door into the cafeteria it was as if I had walked into a jungle, chaotic and loud. I swerved around half a dozen freshmen as they giggled about god knows what, and ducked as what appeared to be a banana was aimed for my head. I searched the cafeteria for the source of it. Of course, they're sat, with grinning faces were the majority of my team mates, and they looked guilty as hell.

They waved me over, several other people slapping me on the back, high-five-ing me or giving me a guy hug on the way. As soon as I reached the table the guys started cracking up at my very non-amused face from their prank. I simply stated 'I hate all of you guys' that just made them laugh harder some of them clutching  their sides as I slumped into my seat.

A couple guys asked what happened to 'the girl' and I simply responded by saying she was fine now. 'I would tap that' Jamie remarked as several others voiced their opinions which were anything along the lines of 'Amen' to 'fuck yes'. Me and Jamie had been friends since freshmen year when he had asked me to play soccer with him, we had never had a problem sharing girls. It wasn't like either of us were looking for serious relationships. This wasn't any different, but it just felt wrong to fuck and dump a girl like her, she was innocent, probably sheltered from the world as well.

'What about you cap?' Jamie questioned when he noticed I had stayed silent.

'Nah not for me' I said trying to fake indifference 'she's to innocent, wouldn't know how to use it if I told her'. It was probably true, but there was no way I would find out. I reminded myself that soccer was my entire focus this year.

A couple guys barked out a laughed and uttered 'true', as they all continued to eat they're lunch. I realised that with all the commotion coming in here I had forgotten to grab my tray, so I jumped out of my seat and strode over to the counter. Most people had already grabbed their lunch so the line was empty. I rushed to grab a sandwich and an apple, finally I paid and exited.

In what felt like minutes, period four had finished and I walked out of school among hundreds of others and rushed to my car. As I opened my car door I spotted two brunette braids being anxiously twisted between small fingers, as though she could sense me staring at her she turned around and faced me. But then the bus came and she hopped on without looking back.

Authors note
Ahhhhhh I love them so much!!! Please vote and comment it really helps motivate me to write. Do we like the dual povs? Is it moving to fast? Also lmk if the chapter are tops short, they fell long to me but yk.
Love u guys always.