Happy Birthday, Noiz!

Song of the chapter: 10,000 Emerald Pools by BØRNS

Noiz's POV

(Y/n) visited me everyday at the hospital. She would come and sit next to my bed, and we'd just talk and enjoy each other's company. We talked about practically everything; we even had a whole argument on whether snakes are poisonous or venomous. She insisted that they were venomous and not poisonous. I argued that they meant the same thing. Eventually, she got tired of my stubbornness and looked it up to show me that she was right.

"I don't care. I'm still going to say snakes are poisonous." I said, making her rage even more. "Ugh. I hate you sometimes." She muttered. "That's a lie," I seized the collar of her shirt, making her gasp in surprise, and pulled her into a slow, passionate kiss. "You could never hate me." I whispered, tugging her onto the bed and into my arms. "That's what you think." She wrapped her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss.

I managed to pull her under me and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She didn't seem to mind being bottom and continued to kiss me. The hand on her waist slowly made its way up her shirt and onto her stomach, making her shiver. I pushed the shirt up farther, exposing all of her chest. Even if I couldn't feel it, I knew I was blushing.

"Noiz, what if someone sees us?" She said, pushing me away. "Don't worry about that right now." I slowly pulled off her shirt and trailed kisses down from her cheek to her neck.

"Noiz... We can't do this here." She cautioned, taking the shirt from my hand and putting it back on. "Besides, visiting hours are almost over." She said, getting up. Right before she closed the door, she added, "Don't worry. When you get out of the hospital, we're going to have so much fun. I promise."

A FEW DAYS LATER

(Y/n)'s POV

Today was Noiz's birthday, so you had invited everyone to come to the hospital to surprise him. Everyone had already bought him a present, including you, so the only thing that was left was the cake. Now, you were at the local bakery to pick up the cake you had ordered for him.

After you had paid, you walked back to Amu's car, which was parked right in front of the bakery. Mizuki opened the door for you and you sat behind Amu, the cake in your lap. "Noiz is going to love this cake. I just know it." You said to Amu. The cake was black and green and had the Usagimodoki pattern covering the whole thing.

"Of course he will. He loves everything you give him." She replied, pulling out of the parking lot. "I seriously think you two were made for each other." She added after a few moments of silence. "Yeah. I love him more than anything." You said, staring out the window. Noiz was the only person you had been in a relationship like this with. You couldn't even imagine a life without him and you knew he felt the same way about you.

When you got to the hospital, you met up with Aoba, Ren, Mink, and Clear; who were all very excited, especially Clear. It looked like he was going fry his circuit boards if he didn't calm down soon. "Yay! Now we can all go and surprise Noiz-san!" He chirped as he practically skipped to the elevator.

"Can I be the one who runs in and yells happy birthday?" He asked as you turned the corner that led into the hallway where Noiz's room was. "Sure. That's fine with me." You smiled at him. "Yay!" Clear ran off in the direction of Noiz's room.

By the time you got to his room, Clear had already given him his gift. It was a keychain that had a bunny riding on top of a jellyfish. Where did he even get that, you thought as you set the cake down on the bedside table and went over to hug Noiz. "Happy birthday, liebe." You said, squeezing him tightly.

Soon after, the others filed in and they all gave the birthday boy the presents they had gotten for him. You decided to give him yours last to make it more special. It was a titanium necklace that had a small heart shaped emerald hanging from it. It had cost an awful lot of money, but it was more than worth it.

While the others were eating cake and chatting you made your way over to Noiz, who looked like he was enjoying his cake. "Have you finally decided to give me my present?" He said, putting down his plate and turning towards you. "Shut up and close your eyes." You said as you slid the necklace around his neck and latched it in the back. "You can open them now." You told him, kissing his cheek.

"I-It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful." He said, holding the gem part in his hand. "How did you even buy this?" You blushed; you didn't expect him to like it as much as he did. "All I did was ask for a few extra hours each week. Eventually, I saved up enough money to buy it." He smiled and kissed you, lovingly. "You didn't have to do this for me. Just having you around is the best gift I could ever ask for."

You stayed after everyone left, to talk to Noiz about when he was going to get out of the hospital. He said that it wouldn't be more than two weeks, which made you were even more anxious for when he was checking out.

"Noiz, can I wear your hat?" You asked, twirling a short strand of his hair around your finger. He wasn't wearing it right now and you always wondered what you would look like with it on. "Just don't break it." He answered, laying down. You picked up the hat and slowly lowered it onto your head, making it as dramatic as possible. "It's really soft and warm." You noted. "That's great." Noiz said. He looked really tired, so you kissed his forehead and whispered, "Sleep well, liebe." He murmured something unintelligible and hugged the large bunny stuffed animal that Aoba had gotten for him.

You smiled and skipped out the door, still wearing Noiz's hat.