001 ━━ ADVENTURES.

CHAPTER ONE.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

       "MJ! WAIT UP!" MAEVE TURNED AROUND AT THE FAMILIAR VOICE, a small laugh leaves her lips at the disheveled sight of her best friend, Peter Parker. He quickly jumped off his skateboard and held it under his arms. Maeve raises an eyebrow and looked him up and down, she notices that his cheeks held a small pink flush.

"Did you get scolded again?" Maeve asked in an amused tone. Peter's eyebrows furrow together, his face scrunches up at the question.

"No. . ." A raise of an eyebrow from Maeve made him falter, "Yes. . ."

Maeve rolled her eyes, letting out a small exasperated sigh, "Peter! We've talked about this!" Her voice came out in a joking tone, her words weren't serious at all.

Peter returned her tone and widen his eyes, "It's not even a big deal! They're acting as if me riding on my skateboard would hurt someone."

"Repeat that sentence again, Peter." Maeve pursed her lips, a deadpanned look on her face.

Peter opened his mouth to reply but then closes it as he realizes what his mistake was, "Yeah. Um, let's forget about that and get to class."

Maeve barked out a loud laugh causing Peter to lightly push her shoulders, a string of curses left his mouth but his lips held a hint of a smile.

"Shut up."

"You love me."

. . . . . . .

The chattering sound of people conversing with one another is heard as Peter and Maeve walked outside into the courtyard. Peter paused momentarily, holding up his camera towards a certain direction. Maeve's eyes followed his action and her heart tugged a little when she noticed who he was pointing the camera at.

"Still?" Was the only word Maeve could muster out as she feel her throat beginning to close up. Gwen Stacy, one of the smartest students at Midtown Science High. Peter has been crushing on her since Freshmen year. It wasn't hard for Maeve to find out about Peter's feelings towards the blonde girl, because who wouldn't like Gwen Stacy?

Peter froze and turned towards her, his hair swaying a bit as he was quick with his action, "Huh? Oh, um. Yeah, I—Yeah, still. It's complicated. . ."

Maeve pursed her lips and tried her best to send him a smile, "It's always complicated." A small shy grin grew on Peter's face as he nod, he open his mouth to say something but is cut off by the sound of cheers and shouts.

"Eat it! Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" Maeve and Peter share a look before hesitantly walking over to the crowd of people. As they reach closer, they hear a familiar voice and Maeve let out an annoyed groan when she recognized it.

"Eat your vegetables, Gordon! Come on!" Flash shouts at the boy whose face was shoved into a plate of food. Maeve let out a wince when Flash pushes the boy's face further into the tray. Peter begins to move closer causing Maeve's eyes to widen, she reaches out to grab Peter's arm but was too late.

"Peter! Wait—"

"Hey, Parker! Come on, get a picture of this! Come on!" Maeve closes her eyes and clenches her fist, dropping her hand to her side. Peter sighed and shook his head, pointing his finger down at the ground.