1- 623-640

Chapter 623: Don't Let Her Efforts go to Waste

In the sky, black clouds rumbled and gathered as the howling wind roared angrily, causing the entire sky to quickly darken.

The winds rustled in the forest, and the branches moved.

Chu Liuyue stood up with the sword hilt in her hands and looked up. Her clothes blew up with the wind, and her black hair flew everywhere.

In the entire piece of land, she was the most eye-catching spark of fire.

Her eyes stuck closely to the tumbling black clouds.

The next moment, a close to transparent figure appeared in front of her-it was her ancestor!

He stood in the air with his hands behind his back. Even though he was just a remnant of his consciousness, his aura was still stern and intimidating.

His gaze swept past Chu Liuyue and finally landed on the Cloud-Sky Copper Sword before he nodded in satisfaction.

After close to a month's worth of refinement, the originally thick and heavy Cloud-Sky Copper Sword became smaller. The layer of copper outside had been completely sharpened away, revealing the peacock-blue sword heart within.

Even under the dark sky, it was still deep and pure, glowing with a faint light.

"Girl, this move determines if your sword will successfully be refined or not!"

Chu Liuyue's entire body tensed up as she solemnly nodded. "Ancestor, please-"

The next moment, Shangguan Jing stepped on thin air as his figure was like a released arrow that went straight toward the sky.

Immense suppression was suddenly released from his body, and an immeasurable amount of Heaven and Earth Force crazily gathered within the clouds. In the blink of an eye, it immediately became a spiral.

That spiral started expanding at an observable speed as it swallowed all of the black clouds in the surroundings.

Looking down from above, it was as if a gigantic black eye had suddenly appeared in the skies.

Darkness, depth, and vastness.

Chu Liuyue's heart jumped. Ancestor is only a remnant of his consciousness now, yet he's still so capable. Even a stage-nine warrior might not have his imposing aura.

A doubt flashed across her heart rapidly: Back then, did Ancestor really fail in breaking through...?

However, this thought only flashed across her mind once.

At this point, the Cloud-Sky Copper Sword in her hands suddenly started shaking.

Buzz!

Chu Liuyue lowered her head to take a look. There seemed to be a dark-blue spark that quickly slid across the Cloud-Sky Copper Sword.

As time passed, the sword body vibrated even more violently. As if it was summoned by some intense strength, it almost escaped her hands.

Chu Liuyue held the sword tightly and raised it up high.

Her palms were starting to become numb. Luckily, this close to a month of sharpening had increased her physical strength by quite a bit. If not, it would be hard to even hold onto this sword.

Hong long!

A shockingly loud sound was heard.

She looked up!

In the sky, the gigantic black spiral started to turn slowly, and that sound came from within!

A snake-like lightning bolt crazily swam within the rich darkness.