99 problems pt 2

(You can change it if you want I just thought this was cute)

A couple a minutes later kalani and Spencer walk into a big fancy building. With Spencer offering her his right arm, kalani linked their arms together as they made their way down the staircase. "Damn." Spencer says as he stares at his surroundings in awe.  "Yeah leave it to Beverly hills to keep it simple." Kalani says sarcastically as they reach the bottom of the stairs. Suddenly a certain someone notices them and decides to walk up to the duo. "Spencer, thank god you're here." Layla says with her heels clicking against the floor, heads in the trio's direction with a big smile on her face. "David Shay was asking for....what?" Layla asks as she looks at spencer.

Kalani's face morphs into a slightly annoyed expression as she looks at her "best friend" up and down as spencer smiles at her. "I just didn't know you'd be here." Spencer says in awe.

"I told you, I'm stu-co president." Layla told Spencer, smiling as she motioned behind her. "We sponsor all of the booster events."

Noticing how her best friend eyes were locked on Layla as a soft smile appeared on his lips, kalani gives a sarcastic smile. "Did you need something?" Kalani asks making layla look at her surprised.

"Oh, sorry if I interrupted you guys I didn't—" layla starts off but kalani cuts her off.  "I mean, hey, why stop now?" Kalani says with a tight lipped smile making Spencer look at her. Kalani didn't know what it was but she started getting fed up with laylas new behaviour. "Ahem" Spencer clears his throat awkwardly. "Well, you look great in your suit." Layla compliments. "Thank you" Spencer says with a smile. "And when you have a minute, I know the boosters are dying to meet you." Layla says walking away making kalani furrow her eyebrows. "Can't wait." Spencer responds back before looking at kalani who was still looking at layla walking away in suspicion.

"Umm I'm gonna go find olivia" kalani says walking away not waiting for a response from him.

...

As kalani walks around she finally finds Olivia who was getting a drink of water. "Olivia something is going on with Layla" kalani says making Olivia raise her eyebrow. "What do you mean?" Olivia questions. "She like blew me off infront of Spencer. I mean we were talking and then she pops up ignoring that I was even there." Kalani says. "I told you she wasn't no good. The way I see it is layla sees you as a competitor and she likes spencer" Olivia utters.

Kalani frowned as she watched Spencer and Layla, her brow furrowing in confusion. "I don't get it. How can she like Spencer when she has a boyfriend? And he's here," she remarks, emphasizing the fact that Layla's boyfriend was present.

Olivia, sipping her drink, leaned in and offered a candid perspective. "That doesn't matter. Look, Layla is your competition for Spencer, let's at least face it."

Kalani sighed, her frustration evident. "Look, I'm not about to fight over a guy with one of my best friends. If he wants her, then who am I to say no? We aren't together—"

But Olivia interrupted, sensing something more. "But you do like him," she says finishing kalani's sentence. Kalani hesitates before admitting, "We are just friends."

Olivia redirects her attention to the two. "Mhm, well, look over there." She says pointing at Spencer and Layla, who were walking together with their arms linked. Kalani looks at the potential couple and sighs. Out of everybody in the world it had to be the guy she liked. Before they could discuss it further, a familiar voice called out to Kalani. "Kalani..." The voice was soft, formal, and full of emotion. She turns to see a guy dressed in a black suit. "Franklin," she says, her voice softening as she smiles at him.

"Did you miss me?" Franklin asks, opening his arms for a hug. Kalani's face lights up with joy, and she runs into his open arms, embracing him tightly. It had been a while since she'd seen him and she had missed him.

Olivia turns to see who Kalani was hugging and couldn't help but smile. It was her cousin, Franklin, who serves in the military. Franklin and Kalani had met through Olivia, and their bond had grown strong ever since.

"What are you doing here?" Olivia asks, her smile wide with surprise. Franklin returned the hug with Olivia, grinning. "Well, I heard about the boosters party and decided to come," he replies with a smile. "It's been so long..wait then it was you texting me that night?" Kalani asks referring to the the other night. "Wait text?" Olivia questions. "Uh yeah I got a text when we had a sleepover I got a text from somebody. I couldn't think for the life of me who it was. Now I know" kalani says. Franklin smirks, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Heh how'd you guess?" Franklin asks.

"It seemed like something you'd do. So you got a new number then" kalani says as Franklin hugs her from the back. "Yup" Franklin says as Olivia looks at her friend and her cousin. "Interesting" Olivia mumbles making them look at her. "You say something?" Kalani asks with her eyebrows arched. "Nope nothing" Olivia dismisses.

"Aye where's uncle billy?" Franklin asks as he looks around trying to spot his uncle. "Over there with your stupidass cousin" Olivia answers making kalani laugh. "You terrible" Franklin says as he reaches out and gently holds Kalani's waist, who leans into his touch.

As spencer and Layla come from outside Spencer notices a unknown man with kalani and Olivia. Spencer's smile quickly morphs into a frown in confusion. "I'll be back" Spencer excuses himself, leaving Layla behind with a puzzled look on her face. Spencer strides over to the group.

"Hey I was looking for you" Spencer says walking up to the group making kalani smiles warmly at Spencer. "Hey yeah sorry for leaving I had to get Olivia" kalani says. "Uh who's this?" Spencer asks pointing at Franklin who tilts his head. "Oh this is Franklin he's Olivia's—" kalani says but Franklin cuts her off. "Cousin. I'm Olivia's cousin"Franklin says smirking.

this is Mr Franklin himself

Like

Comment

Share!