99 problems pt 3

Spencer and Franklin look at each other in eyes as kalani looks at the both of them. "Spencer im a friend nice to meet you " Spencer says introducing himself. "Hmm likewise" Franklin responds as he puts his hands behind his back. For some reason Franklin was seen as a red flag to Spencer. Kalani and Olivia look at eachother before looking back at the boys.

Suddenly an argument breaks out causing Franklin and Spencer to break their stare down.
"After two losing seasons and with another one on the way, guess you're just getting comfortable with losing." Harold Asher's father says to Billy.

Why should you be sorry?!" A voice calls out, quickly making them turn over to the voice. Harold who is Asher's father and who is also drunk yells at Billy.

"He's the reason you got hurt!" He says upset making everyone make their way closer to them. "Him and his son!" Harold adds in, making Imani look over at Jordan who now stood beside his sister.

"What are you talking about?" Billy asks the drunken father. "I'm Talking about how Jordan was behind that contested permit, and now your Crenshaw boy is bringing his anger about the situation on our field, injuring my son!" He admits causing everyone to turn their attention on the situation.

"Dad, will you..." Asher trails off, trying to calm down his father.

"That's right!" Harold yells gaining everyone's attention."Jordan Baker's the one that gave Chatsworth the tip." He says pointing at Jordan , making everyone look over at the football player.

"Are you serious?" Spencer says in disbelief, making Jordan look over at him.

"You're the reason I can't go home at night?" He says as he steps closer to Jordan. "Face it, Coach." Harold says, taking the attention off the two boys and onto the adults arguing. "That boy doesn't belong here, and neither do you." He says making Spencer walk up to where the two adults were at.

"Call me boy one more time." Spencer says coming face to face with Harold before being stopped by Billy. "Call me boy one more time." Spencer repeats. "That's exactly what they want you to do."Billy says pulling Spencer away from the situation.

"You know what? I'm done walking away." Spencer says as he makes his way out the place. "I'm gonna go check on him" kalani says to Olivia and Franklin. "No problem" franklin says before giving her a kiss on the forehead. "When will I see you again?" Kalani asks staring into franklins eyes. "You got my number I'm only a call away" franklin says making kalani smile.

....

"Hey superstar" kalani greets as she goes and sits down next to Spencer. "Hey...." Spencer says in a depressed voice causing kalani to sigh. "You gonna be alright?" Kalani asks causing Spencer to put his face in his hands. "Yeah...." Spencer mumbles, kalani looks at him before leaning on him. "Wanna talk about it?..." kalani offers but he shakes his head. "I don't belong here. He didn't like me from the beginning but this is just a new low. I ain't think it would come to this" Spencer reveals. Kalani rubs his back in comfort recalling all of what just happened.

"It's natural to feel hurt and betrayed. But don't let this diminish your passion and dedication. You've worked hard to get to this point and this is just the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot of challenges with becoming a superstar like yourself" kalani says as she playfully nudges Spencer who gives a small smile.

"Yeah you right"

...

After that talk with Spencer, kalani went to find the people she came with. The ride home was completely silent and very suffocating for kalani.

As they walk in the house Jordan tries to leave to go to his room but his father stops him.

"Uh-uh, not so fast. We need to talk. Sit down. Please, please tell me that you weren't behind this contested permit mess." Billy says as Jordan looks down causing Billy to sigh. "Come on, man. With all that you have, why would you try to hurt someone with less?" Billy asks disappointed with his son. "Honey, I'm sure that's not what he was trying to do. Ok." Laura says defending Jordan making kalani shake her head.

Well? What is it, then? "I don't know. I just... Yeah, I was out on that field. Just scored, feeling on top of the world. Feel... feeling like... like I'd finally made you proud. Turned around, and there you were, patting his back, calling him "son," and... I just reacted." Jordan says shrugging before looking down.

"Well, if you felt that way, you should have came to me. Why didn't you come to me?" Billy asks causing Jordan to give him a look of disbelief. "Really? Because you moved him into this house without even asking any of us." Jordan says getting upset. "He's a grown man why would he ask for permission. I get what he's saying but at this same time..." kalani thinks as she watches the situation. "Without ask... that may be the case, but I'm still disappointed in you, Jordan." Billy says causing Jordan to scoff. "What's new, dad?" Jordan says getting up. "Jordan." Laura says as she walks closer to her son. "No, no. You know, it's fine. I'm always disappointing him, right?" Jordan says clearly upset.

"Wait. That is not true." Billy states making Jordan roll his eyes."It is and you know it. What is it you said? Heh! Oh, that's right. "There's no one on this team with even half Spencer's potential, right?" Jordan says as he leaves. "Hey. Jordan. Jordan! Well, that went great. " laura calls out for her son before sighing.

"This isn't... this... is all this about football?" Billy asks in confusing making Olivia look at her father. "Dad! Do you really not see what's happening? You have a son who is desperate for your approval. Why do you think he even picked up a football? And you also have a daughter just out of rehab, and the one person you're focused on, the one person you're trying to save is Spencer." Olivia says causing the parents and kalani to look at her.

"Baby girl..." Billy says looking at his daughter.

"no, look, I am so happy that you care about Spencer. It's the right thing to do, but there are other people in this house that need you, too, dad." Olivia says as kalani follows her.

"Good night." Olivia says as she walks to her father. 'Night."Billy says as Olivia kisses his cheek before going into her room as kalani follows.

"Aye liv I'm gonna go home tonight it seems like it's a family problem here and I don't wanna intrude" kalani says as she gets her bag from Olivia room. "Your not intruding you are basically family lani your fine" Olivia says as she plops on her bed. "Nah it's okay plus my parents could possibly be home this time" kalani says trying to lighten the mood.

"Alright fine just text me when you get home" Olivia says as she gets up and hugs kalani.

....

As kalani reaches her house she sees lights turned on causing her to tilt her head in confusion. "Are they actually home?" Kalani wonders in hope. As she puts her keys in the door and open it she sees her dad watching tv in the couch and her mom cooking. "Oh your home just in time for dinner" Lisa says as she puts the knife down and goes to her daughter.

Kalani, still slightly puzzled but delighted by the unexpected warmth walks to her mom and hugs her. Considering their occupation they are barely home so it was nice when she can see her parents.

This took my forever but how is it???

AND BOOM DOUBLE UPDATE BABY!

Like

comment

share