Chapter 29 : Without you, I will become the worst version of myself

A/N : As I have two chapters ready, I'm publishing one today and one tomorrow, that might allow you to find them more interesting or less boring...  X)

____________________________________________

"I'm going to break up with her."

"What?" Seokjin said as his head emerged from the neckline of his t-shirt.

Soo had arrived at the hospital and brought Seokjin some clothes given to him by his mother but also to Taehyung who was quick to put them on after showering first. He hadn't put on again the perfume that Seokjin hated so much refusing him to continue claiming he was allergic to him.

While Namjoon, accompanied by Soo, was settling the administrative details of Seokjin's release like an adult, Seokjin was getting dressed on the other side of the half-open bathroom door which allowed him to hear what Taehyung had just said to him in a neutral voice, even if he thought he had heard wrong.

Taheyung, already ready and settled into the chair where Namjoon had slept, didn't look up from his phone when he said those words. His lack of response prompted Seokjin to hurry to get dressed and join him in the bedroom.

"Have you... have you told Yoona about that? And about you being friend with me? And about what I said about her?" Seokjin asked, anxious seeing Taehyung on his phone.

He had never been interested in knowing who Taehyung was talking to when he was on his phone, probably the whole school, but right now he was afraid that Taehyung would repeat to Yoona what he had just said about her because she scared him and he dreaded her reaction. He was beginning to regret being so honest.

He felt like he had lost his temper at the first opportunity, even though he had been able to keep what he felt to himself for so long. He didn't understand what happened him to confide like this at the first opportunity given to him. He suddenly felt vulnerable after being strong in solitude and started to regret opening up to Namjoon and Taehyung again. This might bring him further trouble.

He might have felt confident having Taehyung on his side against Yoona but he remembered that he had also believed he had Taehyung to protect him when Yoona had first threatened him. But he was wrong at that time. Had he just made a mistake again?

"Relax, I'm talking with Jimin right now, not Yoona," Taehyung replied feeling that Seokjin was anxious. "But that doesn't change the fact that I'm going to break up with that bitch."

"Because of me?" Seokjin asked uncomfortably.

"Thanks to you," Taehyung corrected.

"Maybe I got carried away," Seokjin said quickly, "she's not really that bad, she must have qualities that I don't know and-"

He paused when he saw Taehyung snort with laughter, this time looking up from his phone.

"What's funny?" Seokjin wondered.

"You. You don't believe a word you just said you're just trying to cover your back."

"Alright, I don't believe it," Seokjin admitted. "But that's my opinion, you have yours and maybe our opinions don't agree."

"I think they do," Taehyung replied.

"Are you sure you want to do this, you won't regret it?" Seokjin insisted, "I have to admit, I'm not sure you're really ready to do this. If you change your mind afterwards, I'm afraid that you-"

"Tsss, why are you trying to make me stay with her now after convincing me otherwise? Are you moody?"

"I'm not moody, you are! You have changed since only yesterday, it's disturbing!" Seokjin replied sulkily. "And I'm not trying to make you stay with her, I just don't want you to get revenge on me for trying to break up with her if you realize you don't want to in the end."