➤ tag

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 passed more and more people arrived. Haru was quite surprised to see Aguni there with them. Chishiya hadn't informed him that another member of the Beach would be joining the game. 

Eventually Haru became pretty bored and leaned his body weight onto his companion. However, his attention was caught by two certain boys who had walked in.

"Arisu, Karube!" Haru called out to them and waved, to which they returned the gesture. "I met them in the 3 of spades game." Haru whispered to Chishiya excitedly.

Chishiya wasn't radiating the same energy, though. He didn't like how excited Haru became over two guys he had just met a day ago.

"Oh, Haru," Arisu's eyes widened slightly. He hate to admit it, but he couldn't get the mysterious male out of his head after their last encounter. He was happy, though, to be able to see him again.

Meanwhile, Karube nodded with a small smile in return.

"Is Chota alright?" Noticing the absence of him, Haru worriedly questioned. "He's a little better. But he still needs a doctor."

'Doctor?' Haru glanced at Chishiya, but the latter immediately looked away. With a sigh, Haru spoke, "Well, I hope all goes well for him."

Arisu nodded and thanked him before going back to Karube who got them both a phone. After the two had registered, there was a ding and the announcer's voice was heard.

"Registration has closed. There are a total of 13 participants. The game will now commence. Difficulty, Five of Spades."

Haru quickly started stretching his legs and arms. The game would be physical, so he had to remain prepared for anything.

"Game is, 'Tag.' Rule. Avoid whoever is 'it.'"

"What?" Some of the people there asked. 

'Must be newbies.' Haru thought. 

"Clear condition. Discover and touch the symbol hidden in one of the building's rooms within the time limit. You clear the game when this objective is fulfilled. Time limit, 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, the time bomb hidden in the building will explode."

Haru internally gasped. 20 minutes? Could he do it? How would they find it in 20 minutes when it could be anywhere. Well, it didn't matter, he had Chishiya with him, so he felt a little bit better.

"The game will commence in two minutes." The announcer said.

Chishiya unplugged the taser and took Haru's hand in his, to which the latter held no complaints. Haru waved to Arisu and disappeared with his friend.

Eventually, Chishiya let go of Haru's hand, and the latter obediently followed close behind him. As they continued walking upwards, Haru began to see Chishiya was leading them to the top of the apartment complex.

"Did we really have to go all the way to the top?" Haru huffed. Chishiya only grinned and peered over the balcony. "If I wanna see where everyone is, this is the perfect location." Haru couldn't argue with that, so he left the topic alone.

Aguni and another beach member soon waltzed in from another direction. Chishiya and Haru both waved at them, but they only ignored them and walked the other way.

"Yeah," Chishiya sighed. "I got a weird feeling about this."

Haru gulped. If Chishiya felt something off, (which rarely happened) there was definitely a reason to start worrying.

Taking note of Haru's changed expression, Chishiya pulled him by his arm, bringing him close to him. "Don't you go worrying now." Haru chuckled softly, wrapping his arms around the male's torso. "Says you."

Chishiya lightly smacked Haru's head with a long sigh. "Hmm, looks like everyone's about to bite it, just like they always do." The other nodded in agreement.

Suddenly, the phones chimed and the AI spoke, "The game will now commence."

══════════════《 🃏 》══════════════

        𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐃 to close his eyes a couple of times when he saw the blood of innocent people splatter onto the walls; painting them red. He was used to watching people die, but that didn't necessarily mean he enjoyed it.

Minutes had passed and the blonde-haired male was beginning to become restless. Him and Chishiya had just been standing there watching everyone, not doing anything. It wouldn't be long before time was up.

"Chishiya, shouldn't we be looking for the room, now?" The other only shook his head in disapproval. "We can look from up here. It's better to stay away from the killer and look for the objective at the same time, right?"

Haru sighed with a smile, "You're right. Per usual-" The male was suddenly cut off by loud yells coming from down below. He quickly peered down the balcony only to see Arisu the cause of the commotion.

"Everyone! He's up here! Over here, he's on the second level! He can't see properly because of his mask! Tell us where he is if you see him, and let's all look for the symbol!"

Haru quickly turned to Chishiya, as if waiting on what he had to say. However, he only scoffed. "That's a good idea, but...nobody wants to help." Haru was quite taken aback by this as he crossed his arms over his chest with a frown.

"Well, I want to help. It may be worth the shot." As Haru was beginning to walk away he was suddenly harshly stopped by Chishiya who took hold of his wrist. "You're not going anywhere."

"Relax, if we all work together we can win this." Haru winced at the pain coming from his wrist. Chishiya brought their faces dangerously close together. "I said you're not going anywhere."

Haru blinked a few times at the switch up. The way his voice changed to an eerily deep and chilling one, almost scared him. "Chi-Chishiya...you're hurting me." Haru motioned toward his wrist that was still being held hostage.

As if cut out of some trance, Chishiya immediately let go. "I still meant what I said." Haru only rolled his eyes and went back to his place; beside Chishiya.

NEXT CHAPTER: TAG II

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

at last, an update !!