The Human At Heart (That Can Be Broken)

A/N

*appears in your doorway at 3am, holding a crumbling scroll in my hands covered in blood and my own tears*: I bring vampire dark sbi

Tws: possessive behavior, nonconsensual vampire turning, kidnapping

Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Synopsis: Tommy, after spending years trapped in the nest as a vampire, tries to escape. The coven bring him back home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the crack of his knuckles, the tilt of his head, and the soft click of a door unlocking, Tommy was off.

Movement, after sitting dormant for so long, was a jarring experience. The press of his bare feet against cold tile felt like knives been stabbed through his soles– the cool temperature a foreign feeling after years of being in the nest– and the rush of wind through his hair amplified with every step forward. Even though his running was silent, he could still hear every ghostly noise he made circulate through his head, like a phantom of his time as a human.

But he couldn't stop running. No, he needed– had to– keep going, keep sprinting, keep praying to the deities above that his coven wouldn't think to check the nest for at least another few hours. Even though he was far from weak, he knew that ancient vampires would have no trouble tracking him down and dragging from screaming and kicking back to his home for another decade.

He couldn't go back there. He never wanted to be there in the first place, and especially didn't now.

But there was always the part of his mind that wanted to get caught. That longed for his sire to wrap their arms around him and press a kiss to his head, murmuring reassurances and empty promises that he would be able to roam free soon.

"Just another few months," he always said, a deep purr rumbling in their chest all the while. Tommy had only been able to sink further into their hold, allowing the warmth and those vampiric instincts screaming in his mind to take full control. "Then those pesky human instincts will be gone and you'll be able to see the rest of the coven. Doesn't that sound nice?"

And it did sound nice. Very, very nice.

He was nothing but a fledgling; just a year past being a nestling, but still far too small and sensitive to the world to dare venturing outside by more than a few feet. Just a month ago, he hadn't minded the idea. He had been content to stay warm and swathed in blankets, half-conscious in the nest as Wilbur ran a hand through his hair and his sire coaxed him to drink from his wrist. Gaze foggy and dazed as he was held close to a still chest– heart long ago fallen silent– and cooed at like he was a helpless child.

But now he was awake.

The human side of him was awake– the sliver of logical mind that was yet to be consumed by the bloodlust and urge to kill and conform to his coven's wishes– and it was angry .

Waking up with his head tucked against his sire's neck had felt like a death sentence. This was a predator he was trusting, someone with the ability to rip his throat out with nothing but a slash of their claws. He was paralyzed in their hold; part of him wanting nothing more than to stay, while the other screamed in terror.

In the end, the human side had won.

So Tommy ran. Down the hall, arm glancing off of the wall with the smallest bump, through doorframes and slipping in halfway-open doors. Practically leaping down the stairs– no matter how he stumbled, unadjusted to the unnatural speed he was moving at– and to the front door.