Chapter 2 - Melodic Whispers

Percy was used to the occasion weirdness in her life... but after her experience with Mrs. Dodds the usual hallucinations have become a constant. Her eyes always catching the occasional hollow ethereal blue that constantly surrounds (Y). The face of a young girl constantly skipping around him... despite getting the courage to speak to (Y) after the museum trip it was safe to say that she was now much more intrigued then just flat out crushing on him now.

Percy would constantly try and catch him or anyone else off guard by dropping the "Mrs. Dodds" card here and there. However it didn't give the results Percy wanted. (Y) was always super hard to read, and despite getting closer to him it still was next to impossible to read him.

Grover, however... he could never lie to her. He would always hesitate. However what confused Percy even more was that Grover was genuinely confused and fearful of (Y). So he wasn't exactly with Grover and whatever he was with.

Percy knew something was going on. Something has happened at the museum and (Y) was definitely a part of it, even if it wasn't exactly with whatever Grover was a part of.

However, Percy could never think too much about it, because every night without fail she would get a nightmare where (Y) didn't show up... a vision where she was killed. The only respite was the midnight concert that (Y) played. That would always lull her into a peaceful sleep. Sadly it wasn't enough rest to not get super stressed.

The freaky weather got worse. At one point her windows were destroyed by a thunderstorm. This led to (Y) offering her a space in his room, since he's not there often. To say she was a blushing mess would be the understatement of the century. Despite all of the help and comfort (Y) has provided it didn't help to easy the irritable Percy.

Her grades slipped and she got into more fights with Nancy Bobofit and her friends. She was sent into the hallway almost every class. Her final straw was when there English teacher, Mr. Nicoll, asked her why she was do lazy to study for the spelling test. She snapped that day, and talked back to him. The headmaster contacted her mom to say she wouldn't be making it back to Yancy again.

Percy was definitely having trouble with everything. And to top it off she started to miss her mother. But even with all the lies she told herself she would miss Yancy Academy. She would miss the view she had, she would miss her best friend Grover, she would miss Mr. Brunner and his tournament days and faith he had in her, but she would miss (Y) the most. His calming presence, his helpful and benevolence, his ethereal music that put her soul to rest... she would miss everything about him.

The weeks leading to exams gave her more and more stress. The only good thing was she was allowed to stay with (Y) in his dorm. He was Yancys star student after all, even with his creepy atmosphere. He was the most respectful and smartest.

.
.
Percy's POV
.
.

I was laying in (Y)'s bed reading the 'Cambridge Guide to Greek Mythology' across his room. Words were stumbling in my head and started to swim off the page. (Y) who was getting his Violin ready for his courtyard garden concert that he did every night at midnight, caught my book.

(Y): "Percy, please don't throw heavy books around the room."

I blushed and turned away.

Percy: "Sorry."

(Y)'s eyes glanced over to the side of me... a small chill went over my arm.

(Y): "Why don't you come to the garden with me? It might help take your mind off things. Sometimes a small break can make the difference."

I blushed as he held his hand out.

Percy: "Su-sure."

I grabbed his hand as he lead me too the courtyard. He was dressed in a beautiful dark suit, and not you're normal suit and tie. No, it had this air of fantasy around it.