7.

TENBY IRWIN 13:06

"Lunch is here" Michael says coming in with a tray of food. It's the food that I had ordered earlier, and the sandwich. I wasn't all that hungry, so I just took a couple of bites while Mike took some vitals one more time.

"I am going off shift now, so I can stay with you. I wasn't supposed to work today, but they needed me for a few things this morning anyway." Says Michael, slumping into the chair next to my bed.

"I'm sorry I made you come into work on your day off." I say

"Tenny that isn't at all a problem, they needed me at work, if anything I'm glad I was there with you this morning for me to bring you in, otherwise you could have gotten worse." He says

He then tells me he is going to go and change out of his scrubs and see what my dad is doing so that maybe he can see me in a bit.

Soon after Michael leaves, Calum comes in.

"Hey Ten, how you doing now?" He asks

I smile a little.

"I'm okay." I say

"I'm just going to hook your IV up to these antibiotics so hopefully your infection can get out of here, and we can get you out of here too." He says

I just give a thumbs up, and take a bite of my sandwich.

"Are you feeling any better now that we have some fluids going?" Cal asks, and I just nod a little, focused on the TV show I'm watching.

"Here in a little while I'll get a fever reducer in, but I can't run the antibiotics at the same time, so these will go for about two hours, then we can put that in the IV, so hopefully your fever will stay down." He says quietly, grabbing a cooling rag for my head as I was starting to feel warm again.

"As for why your body temperature keeps going up and down, I'm not sure, but we will get those blood tests results back in about another hour, so sit tight." Said Calum.

I just nod again and let out another very chesty cough, as I slightly choke on my sandwich.

Calum gives me a weird look, but then leaves the room.

Michael comes back in wearing black sweats and a white T-shirt, and sits on the sofa chair in the corner, scrolling through his phone.

"I saw Ash in the hallway on the way here, he said he was gonna check on a few more patients, then come and see you for a bit. He should be off by 5 I think." Says Michael.

I nod at him, and take a sip of water, my focus going back to the TV, while Michael's focus goes back to his phone. He's probably texting his wife.

ASHTON IRWIN- 17:08

Finally I can clock out and see my baby girl. She's been laying here sick all day. Michael texted me a little bit ago and said that she's been either sleeping, watching TV, or eating a little. He had offered to have her go on a walk or go up to the play room to pick out a game, but she didn't want to, she must be really feeling sick if she didn't want to play a game, so on my way to her room I stopped by and grabbed a card game, a board game, and a book for her, since we didn't know how long we'd be here for.

It's been a hectic day, with Tenby here, its been worrying me. In fact so much that I had to have Calum help me give injections to kindergarteners as my hands were really shaky.

I was not expecting to walk into what I walked into when I reached Tenby's room.

Michael was holding a crying Tenby, as Cal was rubbing her back.