Two-Raven

~ Back at the Tower ~

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos."

I believe every last breath, my emotions now contained, and let my thoughts drift. In all my years as a Titan, I've never had any problems using my powers other than with Beastboy. It always confused me, how I wasn't able to resist thoughts or feel his emotions. With the others it was easy, like right now I can feel Cyborg's excitement as he beats yet another high score on his pointless video games. With Beastboy though, it's like there's something blocking me from entering his mind.

Sometimes though I get flashes or glimpses of happy memories, but other times I feel sudden bouts of pain. None of it ever makes sense, but after awhile I just began to let it pass over me, and sometimes the visions will play out and I can see some of the things that go on in Beastboy's mind.

Like today during the fight I felt a wave of pain from Beast Boy when he was crushed by the bricks. The intensity of the pain was swift in passing though, only letting me feel the slightest hint of pain he was, is, hiding. This thought haunts me as I lay quietly on my bed, knowing that if I try to sleep nightmares will played me. With a sigh I close my eyes and try to relax.

*third person*
~ Later in the Evening ~

The Tower is quiet; all seems calm, but two struggling teens are are plagued by darkness. A seemingly happy green boy is restless in sleep while a small purple girl wishes someone who makes her feel safe. No noises all heard as a small green ant makes its way to the darkest room in the Tower.

Once inside the ant becomes a green kitten seeking the warmth of the lone girl in the room. The little green figure moves closer to the hand hanging from the edge of the bed, pressing itself against it. The hand as if expecting the warmth strokes the small head in acknowledgement.

Though no words are spoken, an unknown agreement passes between the two teens. For once both can finally sleep peacefully knowing that they are safe from the darkness as long as they are together.

========================================

I know it's short but I had this idea and it wasn't something I wanted to add on to our change. Hope you enjoyed though.