The Devourer's Husband

*Basil pov*

I wake up before rubbing my head. I felt sore and I quickly looked around, I was in some sort of cell and I could tell I was in the air. Finally my eyes lock onto a certain sensei

Basil: Wu? Where is- nononono NO! HOW DARE YOU TAKE ME AWAY FROM HER!!!

I quickly grab onto the bars as they shrink and creak in my grip.

Wu: I'm sorry, my pupils decided that this was the only way to stop the awakening.

Basil: You've only doomed yourselves.

*With the Devourer*

The Devourer looked left and right all across the crowd. Everyone was quiet as she looked around, searching for something, or more like someone

Devourer: Where is that idiot.

She looked at the decorations, clearly recognizing Basil's style. It was all so perfect, except she was missing the one thing she really wanted this whole time.

Devourer: My husband... he wouldn't miss this. GAH! I'll find him myself!

The Devourer crashes out of the arena as the Serpentine generals quickly run down and check on Pythor

Skales: Pythor are you alright?

Pythor: No! Basil. He's missing, I think the ninja got him

Acidicus: Kidnapped on this day? Of all the times!

All the generals were rightfully livid. Pythor the worst of the bunch as he gets up, grabbing onto Basil's spear before slithering out

Skalidor: Pythor? Where are we going

Pythor: To finally end those ninja!

They get into a helicopter as Fangtom stays behind to calm down the citizens.

*On the air ship*

Basil was attempting to calm himself down as he breathed in and out slowly. Waiting for a chance to escape and reunite with his bride

Kai: Alright! We got the prophet now we're all good.

Cole: Yep take them all down one at a time.

Mia: About that.

Mia flicked on a monitor, watching as a very large snake was roaming about the desert.

Wu: The Devourer has awoken

Jay: Like I said. DO THESE SNAKES JUST KEEP GETTING BIGGER!?

The large snake dives into the ground before slashing at the back of the airship with its tail. Watching as it plummeted into the sand below.

Devourer: BASIL! YOU FOOL GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!

The Devourer roars as it tears a hole in the broken ship. Staring at Basil before he slithers out, hazily holding his head from the crash.

Basil: Owwwww~

The Ninja hop out of the ship aswell. Standing behind Basil as he dusts himself off. You could feel the anger in the Devourer's eyes as she glares at Basil. The tension in the air is palpable, and the sense of a fight fills the air.

Basil: Devourer... I... I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I never wanted to be separated from you.

Devourer: Is that supposed to be an apology? Do you think that will make everything all right? You have no idea how worried I've been, how scared I was when I couldn't find you. And now, look at you, getting caught up in this mess! How could you be so reckless?!

Basil: I didn't have a choice! They were trying to stop the awakening of the Devourer, and I was taken captive in the process. I didn't want to leave you, I promise.

Devourer: Promises... That's all I ever get from you. Promises that things will be different, promises that you always keep

The Devourer leans down as Basil and her lean their heads against eachother.

Basil: I missed you so much.

Devourer: Me aswell, me aswell

The Devourer wraps her massive coils around Basil, pulling him close in a tight embrace. The anger and worry in her eyes slowly fade, replaced by relief and love.

Devourer: Let's put an end to this madness, Basil. Together.

Basil nods, determination gleaming in his eyes. He turns to the ninja, a newfound strength in his voice.

Basil: Do you still wish for battle?

The ninja exchange glances, a moment of unity passing between them. They stand against Basil, ready to face the Devourer head-on.

Kai: Basil. We won't let Ninjago fall.

Cole: We've faced incredible odds before, and we'll come out on top this time too.

Basil suddenly stops, sniffing the air as a look of joy crosses his face.

Basil: Kids?

Devourer: I'm sorry KIDS!?

A helicopter lands as the generals slither out. All of the generals looking happy at Basil's safety. Pythor quickly hiding it to keep his cool persona however

Devourer: Oh the different tribes. Forgot you were their father?

Basil: Has it been that long?

Devourer: No I just tune out when you start talking about your warmonger days.

Basil: Ouch.

Basil says as he hugs the generals, disappointed that Fangtom was missing.

*Ninja pov*

We watched in silence as the Serpentine talked and chatted with eachother. They seemed so happy, the Devourer was coiled up watching the group.

They were a family that we were constantly trying to destroy and keep apart. They were like us in a strange sort of way, yet... we have been doing wrong this whole time.

Jay: Um. Why do I feel like we've been the baddies?

Kai: Because we have been Jay. We have been

Lloyd slowly walks out from the group, approaching the back of Basil and gaining his attention. When he turned around and stared at Lloyd

Lloyd: Basil. I know we've been extremely mean to the Serpentine and we have done a lot of wrong to you aswell. So I just wanted to say, I'm sorry!

Basil: Their is no need for apologies from either of us. We were all doing what we needed to do. I have been aggressive against the humans, and you've done the same against the Serpentine.

We stared in shock as he said that. He doesn't forgive us? He instead just understands why we were doing it. It felt nice to be reassured but strange considering it was the enemy

Wu: Basil we are glad we have this understanding but. Are you still a threat to us and Ninjago?

Basil: Of course! You will be a threat to us aswell? Though.....

Basil turns around, staring back at all the Serpentine with a slight smile of joy.

Basil: Maybe we can talk about it. Later of course

Wu: Later. Later it is then

Basil gets into the helicopter, then generals following after as he gives them all a quick hug

Mia: Hey can we get a ride!?

Basil: You kidnapped me, have fun finding your way back!

Then they fly off as we are left in the desert. Our future may not be totally friendly, but hopefully it can be civil.

Basil: These next couple of days will be nice.