intro:

*the night before*
~
Ravenna's POV:
The cold breeze blowing through my hair as I sit down in a lounge chair with my older sister Zara roasting some marshmallows as a way to celebrate the first week of Autumn.
The sound of crackling wood as the fire roars through the night.
We're both heavy into our studies so the fact we can hang out like we were small again is crucial.
Me and Zara are very close,we don't share the same father but we're identical in tastes,style,etc...
We even have the same hair texture!
I've been stressing out because of the senior thesis I have to work on in the upcoming semester.
I decided to major in History so I could work at a museum which is working out for me because I'm only 1 year away from that goal and I'm already working at the museum of natural history in New York City.
Zara is majoring in Archaeology which I guess you could say we both wanna work at a museum!
She'll be transferring soon to the Natural History Museum in New York from her previous job at the one in Pennsylvania where she met her fiancé Jeff who's also a archaeologist.
Our oldest sister Marceline is a scientist,well technically she's a Geneticist.
A Fancy schmancy way of saying she's a scientist that can find out if you or your child will have Alzheimer's down the family line.
She lives in New York City too working for a private genealogy lab.
She's happily married to her husband of 8 years Devin.
I must've spaced for too long because I see Zara's tanned hand waving in my face
"Ravenna! Hello?" She says and I snap out of it blinking fast.
"H-huh yes?" I say adjusting my glasses which were rolling down my face.
"What's on your mind kiddo?" She asks me.
"Nothing..." I lie through my teeth
"Don't make me call Marceline!" She says picking up her phone and I jump out of my seat.
"No!" I say knowing Marceline will interrogate me until I speak.
"Then tell me what's wrong so I can help you!" She says putting her hand on her hip.
"School stuff.." I say to her.
"Are the professors harassing you? I know Mr. Summers is too touchy feely I'll kill him if he touches you!" She says loudly placing her marshmallow down.
"I swear it's not him! I don't even have classes with that creep,they fired him a week ago." I say and she sighs out of relief.
"I just wish I could take a break from school and have fun for once.." I say.
"Well there's this nice club downtown we could go tomorrow,ladies are free on Saturdays" she says winking at me.
"Cheap." I say sticking my tongue out at her.
"How else will you save for your own apartment?" She says to me.
"I was hoping to stay with you and Jeff until I get on my feet" I say.
"Or stay with Marceline since she's in the city and probably has space for me.." I add.
"You could stay with us for now just no weird stuff!" She says and I laugh.
"I'm the most square one between you and Marceline you don't have to worry about me." I say.
"No but I will have to worry about you tomorrow night" she says giggling.
We giggle and I take a bite out of the roasted marshmallow.
I sigh and smile at her.
"Just like old times." I say and she smiles back at me.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Copyright © 2023
All rights reserved to ReinaChrissy on Wattpad
None of this story may be rewritten,reproduced or reformed in any way
Unless granted permission.
So if you do copy my story,I will find out and you will suffer legal and financial consequences because that's copyright infringement.
・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚
Hi everyone it's Reina I took a few months hiatus to deal with my mental health and deal with writers block.
I'm back with a new fanfic! A new fic for spooky season which is my favorite season!
This book is not only excluded to vampires like the name says,it's also a book filled with different monsters similar to my other book I'm writing which is called Nevermore.
Please go check that out if you haven't already!
I love you all so much.
Thank you for supporting me all these years and I hope you love this book as much as I do writing it.
Peace & Love Always.
~ Reina🧿💙🩵⭐️✨🦇🫧