The Tale of Y/N

Today's gonna be a slow day. There's not much to do except sit around for now.

Toph and Katara leave early to go to a spa for what Katara called a 'girl's day out.'

That leaves Aang, Sokka, and I here. I think I know Aang's plan already, but I'm not sure about Sokka.

"Now that the girls are gone... What do you guys wanna do?" Sokka asks.

"I'm gonna look for Appa." Aang says immediately.

He opens his staff and flies off, leaving Sokka and I.

I figured that's what he had in mind.

"What about you, Y/N?" The warrior asks me.

"I'm not sure honestly. I don't really have anything to do."

"Oh.. Well as for me, I'm going shopping!" Sokka says.

"I'll just stay here and watch home I guess." I say.

"Suit yourself." He says, shrugging.

He soon leaves, and now I'm home alone.

What is there to do? I never had much of a hobby back home... I can't stir up any trouble so that's out of the question.

"Maybe I'll just head to town." I tell myself

I leave through the door, and unfortunately Sokka ís already long gone.

I leisurely walk my way down into town in search of something to do.

There isn't much around. A few shops, but nothing that interests me.

After some more walking, I decide nothing here is noteworthy, and I continue walking. I end up in the lower ring.

Again, there are more shops here, but these ones are outside and considerably cheaper. I still hate how people are separated like this. I hear a child start to cry, and turn to the scene. An elderly man kneels to the kid, and he stops his crying as he pulls the man's beard.

It's nice to see some kindness, even in this poor area. I smile and move on.

                                      •••

I arrive at a considerably open area, where it seems that I'm alone. I sit for a while.

It's nice, the warm sun and nice breeze rushing through grass and blessing your body. I feel the grass with my hands. It's still something I'm getting used to stepping on.

Now I lay back, fully engulfed by the foliage. The blades tickle my entire body, and leaves me at peace. I feel the earth, and the ecosystem subsiding here.

This must be how Toph sees... I always took it as vibrations... But now I truly understand the beauty in it.

Speaking of Toph, I should try to work on my traditional earthbending...

I stand up straight and stiffen my body. I dig my feet into the ground as I breathe in slowly.

I start on the smaller, easier things like small rocks. I never had problems with these, but the bigger I go, the less I can move.

I use the small rocks to make count of how many I can bend...

"16.."

That's nothing compared to Toph. I notice that my body had shifted into my normal, more fluid stance, so I force the stiff pose again.

Using this form, I can feel the increase in the weight I can bend.

"39."

As good as this is... I can't move them much. My restricted movement makes it hard to move them as well.