Search for Appa

I wake up very early into the morning. The sun is just now rising, and I get up to stretch quickly.

The night comes rushing back, and I look next to my bed and see Toph sprawled out, sound asleep. I told her she could've taken the bed, or even that we could've shared but she was insistent on floor.

"We really talked all night..."

It started with talking about our days, and then digressed into just jokes and banter. I don't think either of us cared what was really being said, especially because I don't even remember most of it. However, I do remember that I was happy.

I smile and leave the room, making sure to close the door quietly as not to wake her.

Exiting the room, I don't see anybody else, so I assume their also asleep.

I take a look around outside. The busy and bustling city is now dead and quiet.

I walk around, but the fatigue quickly sets in. I finish my lap around the block, but honestly wish I could stay out here longer.

I'm not much of a morning person, but these mornings, foggy and quiet... They're not do bad.

I head back the house and enter my room quietly again. I make sure to check on Toph before I sleep again.

"Still peaceful. Good."

I lay down and let myself drift off.

                                      •••

It's quite late into the day when I wake back up. I look to the side of the bed, and see that Toph has left, so I get up as well. Leaving my room, I see papers scattered all around the floor. Toph is laying on her back, and Sokka is laying on his stomach painting not too far from her. Katara and Aang come through the front door holding more paper.

"We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara exclaims.

She holds up a paper with a picture of a large, furry creature on it, who I assume is Appa.

Aang points excitedly at the poster.

"Hey, I thought designing the lost Appa poster was my job. I've been working all day on my Appa." Sokka complains.

He holds up his own poster with a... uh... I don't even know what it looks like. I'm glad I saw Aang's poster first, or else I wouldn't know what Appa looked like.

Katara tries to stifle her laughter.

"Sokka the arrow is supposed to be on Appa's head!" Aang tells him.

"This is his head." He responds.

Katara walks over to her brother and he hands her the image.

"Why are feet coming out of it?" She questions.

"Those are his horns! I haven't seen him in a while, ok?" The warrior defends.

"It looks just like him to me." Toph says.

"Thank you! I worked very hard on-" Sokka starts.

He gives her a scowl.

"Why do you feel the need to do that?" He asks.

"Let me see it." I tell him.

He's hesitant, but, unfortunately for him, he trusts me.

"Dude, this is really good! It looks perfectly identical to him.... I'd know, since I've definitely seen him before." I say.

"I hate you guys so much." He says, crumpling the paper.

"Come on, let's get busy!" Aang shouts enthusiastically as he pull more papers from his bag.