"𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲" 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

Walking back home from a long day of tiring work out in the blazing sun, (Y/n) roughly throws themself onto their bed, closing their eyes almost instantly.

"(Y/n)! The mail finally came!" (Y/n)'s mother yells out as she arrives through the open bedroom door.

(Y/n) has greatly missed their dear friend, Kenji, for whom they loved ever so dearly. He left for the big city shortly before the post office encountered its first few problems, which slowly snowballed into radio silence from anyone outside of their small community for months.

Their mother throws the letters onto their still, heavy body. Slowly, but surely, (Y/n) pulls themself up, checking over almost a dozen letters on their bed.

They scan over the letters, finding themself in a pit of guilt and shame. Kenji has felt so alone and scared, and they weren't there to even write back, like they could anyway.

Sadness taking over their tiredness, they scramble to their desk at the other end of the small bedroom, quickly taking out a piece of paper and a pencil to write back to their worried friend.

Dear Kenji,

I hope you understand once this letter reaches you that I never meant to ignore your letters. I have not received your letters up until now.

Reading every line only made me grow with guilt, from missing your big opportunity in the city to never responding to how you feel about me. I love you Kenji, in any possible way you can ever imagine.

I'll see you soon, whether it's tomorrow, next month, next year or in another lifetime. Don't be a stranger.

Yours, (Y/n)

𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐢.

🎉 You've finished reading "𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲, 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂" 𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗶.𝗺 🎉