➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟏 "𝙊𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡"

⋆。°✩°。⋆

By the time the clock on his nightstand chimed to life, Nicolás was once again seated on the window seat, watching how the nightly cold had permeated the early morning, and the reserve waited for the sun to come back and banish it.

The grounds and creatures of the reserve were still asleep, as the inhabitants of the cottage. Everything seemed to be painted in a soft blue hue. Ember was in the middle of the room, doing his morning stretches.

As Nicolás' bare feet moved him through the room, getting ready for the day, the cat's eyes followed his every move. He checked his trunk; all his books were neatly placed, as well as his wand.

11 inches of rowan wood, and a core of Ember's Wampus Cat hair, and Thunderbird tail feather; but not just any feather, it came from Zeus, the Thunderbird Nicolás rescued two years back.

The words from Mr. Arango, the most renowned wandmaker in Colombia, were still fresh in Nicolás' mind.

"It's made of rowan wood," Mr. Arango began, his voice teeming with knowledge. "It's the most protective of woods you'll find, known for the strength of its defensive charms, making them exceptionally hard to break. Rowan wands have a tendency to seek out the clear-headed and the pure-hearted, although, don't be mistaken, they are equally exceptional for dueling."

"The wand you hold has a core of Wampus Cat hair and Thunderbird tail feather. It's no surprise it was so eager to choose you."

"Wampus Cat hair," he continued, a tinge of fascination in his voice, "empowers spells with swiftness and agility, granting them unparalleled precision. Additionally, it facilitates Legilimency, like the Wampus Cat itself."

He continued, "As for the Thunderbird tail feather," Mr. Arango mused, "it bestows the wand with immense power, though it can be quite a challenge to master. These wands excel in transfigurations. Yet, a word of caution, when danger is near, they have a tendency to unleash curses on their own."

The explanation concluded with a hearty laugh, "You see," he summarized, "these two core materials complement each other. The Thunderbird tail feather amplifies spell prowess, while the Wampus Cat hair ensures precision and speed. Your bond with the creatures who provided these cores has left an indelible mark, a connection that your wand will always remember. It is, as you are aware, the wand that chooses the wizard."

With a smile, knowing that everything in his trunk was in order, and ready for his departure, Nicolás closed it. Standing up, he walked towards the bathroom to get ready.

An hour later, Nicolás was walking out of the cottage, his stomach satisfied, and Ember happily padding at his side. His mission for the morning was crystal clear in his mind.

•───── ☽⋅─────•

The Unicorn herd was exceptionally lazy this morning. The adults were laying on the ground, while their foals ran around the place, almost stabbing Nicolás with their white horns in their playful greetings.

Nicolás did his best to not be blinded by the iridescent reflection of the sun rays on the golden fur of the foals. Slowly, and in the silence, the adults started to wake up to greet Nicolás.