➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟖 "𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝"

°°

The following weeks were chaos, from frantic letters to relatives to every new student shaking in fear as they crossed every corner of the school.

By the time December came, the whole school was in a silent chaos. Talismans, amulets, and any kind of protection devices started to circulate the school, clearly hidden from the professors' view.

Nicolás' and Caelum's birthdays passed quickly. Nicolás had the countless array of candies still guarded in his trunk; it didn't seem like it was going to be finished ever.

By the second of December, Professor Sprout requested the names of those who would be staying at school for Christmas.

Nicolás and Caelum had agreed to stay this time, considering Harry was also going to stay. Although, when asked why, the younger boy seemed to get very nervous. It was obvious that he was hiding something from them; Nicolás could only wish it wasn't something deadly or stupid, but a part of him knew that it was probably both.

Cedric wasn't sure if he should go or stay, meanwhile Dorian decided to also stay behind with Draco.

•───── ☽⋅─────•

Looking ahead, the sky was as dark as it could get. The only things to accompany him were the glistening stars. The air in the Astronomy Tower was normally cold due to its height, but so close to midnight, it was even more.

As he was about to stand up, thinking he wasn't going to come, the door was sliced open, followed by the sound of careful steps, before the other boy reached him, taking the seat beside him, their feet hanging at the edge of the tower, their arms leaning on the railing around it.

And now it felt complete, looking at the sky with the sky beside him, with the heaven, with Caelum. He still didn't look at the other boy.

"Soo, you wanna talk, or just needed company?" Caelum asked. "I'm fine with both, you just seemed pretty — affected by it."

Dorian sighed, finally looking at Caelum. "Of course, I'm affected, you twat. I haven't spoken to Draco in more than a week. Still keeping an eye on him, though."

Caelum chuckled, "well, he deserved it, you know what he was going to call Hermione."

"I know," groaned Dorian. "But it's not his fault. He didn't choose that imbecile of a father he got. You just don't get it, Cae. Being raised by them was so hard, I simply had to nod and agree with everything they said, even when deep down I knew it was all rubbish, even when it tore my heart to read all the letters my parents left for me, telling me how to actually live."

"They were good people," said Caelum.

"Yes, and I try to always learn from them, but I'm scared," the Slytherin admitted.

"Scared?"

"Of losing him," Dorian confessed. "What if I'm too late and can't change the way he thinks? What if he's already decided he wants to follow their steps and not mine?"

"Draco may be a little git sometimes, but he adores you, Dorian," replied Caelum.

"Don't call him that," Dorian rolled his eyes.

Caelum sent him a wide smirk. "Well, he is, but I think you just need to talk to him, if there's someone that can save him from the path his parents are taking him, it's you. I trust you'll do it."