Leli

Pluckings of piano keys echo through towards me—-the song plays on and on, most certainly all the way to dawn.

     She plays the tune under the light of the moon.

     She hums softly, thoughts lingering nearby tautly.

     I move across the corridor—-as I am no more. I am no more than just an apparition—-no longer housing human traits like ambition.

       I peer around the corner into the grand ball room—-once was it lively, now it's an empty tomb.

       There sits my lovely beauty under the night time light, holding onto the memories oh so tight.

       She cries to herself—-for her it's hell.

      Within my heart I no longer bear, grief pangs—-the grief that both she and I share.

       Her memories that glisten in her mind leave her hollow; to her, the grief seems too much to swallow.

      If only I could reach out across the veil, just for my sweet, sweet Nightingale; I would cast midnight wings around her, showing that I was here and showing that I would be there.

      Leli… My darling, I am so sorry I had to go—-for death is both you and I's foe.

      Leli, my sweet… I would've stayed if I had the chance, but unfortunately fate had other plans.

       Leli, my flower—-I love you so much still… if only I could write it down with ink and quill.

       Leli… Gorgeous beyond belief… Still weighed down by tremendous grief.

      For when we first met, I stayed to myself, much to my later regret.

       Later on pushing forward and taking your hand, dancing across the land.

        Night after night, just laying silently by the fireside, paying no attention to the embers when they died.

       Leli…

      So many things left unsaid… Too late now as one of us is dead.

      Leli, my Nightingale… You looked upon me bloody and frail.

       Weak and wounded I lay—-you hoped I would somehow manage to stay.

       And within the night… away and away did I ride, wishing you were still at my side—-wishing for just one more night of silence and loving glances, stuck in heavenly trances.

       Leli, my mistress of the night, I could've sworn it was love at first sight—-for now in the ghostly beyond, I know I've loved you all along.

       Despite my body gone—-and also my heart, truly did I depart; never did I stop loving you, my affection stayed true.

      Never will my love fade away—-not even with the dawn of a new day.

      I move gently across the cold ground, right to where you reside within a gown. I slide onto the bench beside your warm embrace, the beginnings of your neck buried in lace.

      I smile faintly, remembering our passionate love quaintly.

      I reach one hand to the piano, gliding my cold fingers across the keys—-playing a soft tune of the seas.

      Never did you once freeze hearing me aid your song—-for you, Leli, knew I was there all along.

      She reaches her free hand out laying it down upon mine, her beauty divine.

       Leli, my love… Never shall I leave—-I promise this to you even though I no longer breathe. Forever shall I be yours—-for this afterlife and what lays beyond—-forever shall I nurse our unbreakable bond.

      Leli, my heart—-you are the reason I linger in this realm; you are why I continue to dwell instead of slipping away to hell.

     Leli, you are my paradise… For my love for you has allowed me to live twice.