sixteen.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

❝Yeah, we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.❞

John Lennon

✦✧✦

Sunset has become Luna's favorite time of night, because five nights a week, she gets to spend it with Ahkmenrah. After graduation back in June and Luna's nineteenth birthday, Larry wrangled her into the museum's internship program (paid internship!!), and together, they helped found the Night Program, which basically means they don't have to keep the tablet's magic a secret anymore.

Under the guise of brand new CGI and AI technology, Luna and Larry supervise the exhibits interacting with everyone in New York who chooses to come and see, and each night, after the show, Luna, Larry, and Nicky, when he gets a chance, get to dance, play soccer, and hang out with all their friends.

It's a sleep-deprived job and definitely an exhausting one, but Luna wouldn't trade it for the world. This week's show is an extremely special one. The museum is reopening the planetarium, and Larry's been tasked with choreographing a beautiful show for celebrities, politicians, and the museum curators and donors. He's extremely stressed, and as Luna follows him to do the final checks on everyone, it's more noticeable than ever.

Sacagawea joins them as they walk past the Easter Island statue, who seems excited, and Luna smiles up at her. "Hey, Sac!"

"How we doing?" Larry asks, adjusting his tie for the fortieth time tonight.

"Rexy is waxed and buffed," Sacagawea lists. "Teddy is grooming his mustache. Oh, and I reviewed fire safety procedures with the primordial men." She looks Luna up and down, nodding approvingly. "You look good, Luna."

"Thanks." Luna smooths her dress self-consciously. It's a black tie event, so she had to wear a dress, and she has to admit, she could get used to this. The one she's wearing is a floor-length black gown that ties at the shoulders, with a deep v-neck, and flares at the bottom, leaving room for her to walk and not trip over herself, which she would do, especially in these heels.

"By the way, Larry, have you seen the primordial men lately?" Sacagawea asks. "The museum's added a new one."

"What? No." Larry frowns, but brushes past this information. "Oh, and make sure the centurions stretch, all right? They really went for it in the dress rehearsal and they're just not used to those kind of dance moves."