Chapter 15 : Love ?

Pranali's parents left for Indore after breakfast which took place earlier than usual. Her mother was quite upset and pestered her till the last minute to go with them but she politely refused.

“Go and grab a sweater. I'll wait for you in the car.”

The clock chimed 8:40 in the morning. They both were to leave to meet his broker friend. She had came out the room wearing a white tee over black jeans when he said — more like ordered — that.

“But-”

“Pranali.”

There was that tone again. He was using it since the night before. The tone which was concerned and caring yet chiding and authoritative at the same time. Leaving no room for arguments.

She closed her mouth shut and pouted. “Fine.”

Turning on her heels, she walked into the room and his coat was the first article of cloth on which her eyes landed. She was guilty of sleeping wearing that and had reluctantly taken it off just a while ago when she was going to take a shower. Seizing the opportunity, she picked it and wore it again. Her eyes closing at the intoxicating fragrance that was all Harshad.

‘If I don't ever wash it, will his fragrance stay ?’ - the question came to her mind, making her frown.

She shook her head, deciding to ponder over the matter later as he was waiting for her outside. Her gaze fell on the mirror and a sudden mischievousness struck her. Taking her phone out, she took a mirror selfie and posted on her Instagram story before darting out the room.

 Taking her phone out, she took a mirror selfie and posted on her Instagram story before darting out the room

~

As Harshad had expected, Pranali liked the first apartment his broker friend, Sanjay showed them. It was fully furnished, ventilated, bright and above all, nearest to his building due to which he himself agreed instantly.

“So, what do you think ?” - Sanjay asked, looking at them hopefully.

Harshad turned to Pranali, arching his brow in askance.

“I like it.” - she affirmed with a nod. “What will be the rent ?” - she asked, turning to Sanjay.

Sanjay's forehead creased and he looked at Harshad, perplexed. Harshad discreetly shook his head, signalling to not say anything in front of Pranali.

“Uh.. we'll sort out the rent later. First you finalize.” - Sanjay said with a smile. Just then, his phone rang and he excused himself.

Pranali turned to Harshad in confusion. “Why isn't he telling me the rent ? Is it too much ?” - she asked, worried.

The familiar tightening around his heart was felt again as he watched her brows furrowing. Watching her tensed and on edge in the past week had made one thing clear on him; he didn't like her being sad or upset. And whenever he witnessed her in a distressed state, his heart started paining the same way it was currently. He didn't know if it was right or wrong in their equation but he had become quite protective over her. Wanted her to be happy and could go to extreme measures to solve her problems.