Chapter 19 : For Granted ?

Harshad was worried.

He was dressed up in a black slim fit dress pants with a button-down shirt and blazer and had his apartment set up for his and Pranali's first date — as she had asked for a private place — but she still had not shown up. Around 9 in the morning, he had dropped her to the studio where she was to meet the director and other cast members. Ever since, they had talked on the call once, that too for mere five minutes where she informed him that their looks were being tested so it will take long. But that was noon and now the clock chimed seven in the evening.

‘Is she alright ?’

He thought, pacing in the living room and trying her phone which was saying switched off. At last, his patience ran out and he grabbed his car keys before leaving the apartment.

It was a ten minutes drive to the studio. He parked the car and had just stepped out when he saw her coming out the gates with a guy he didn't recognize. The two were immersed in a conversation and the guy said something that caused her head to fall back and laugh wholeheartedly.

Harshad leaned against the car, crossing his arms. She looked so happy and relaxed that all his worry eased out. Her eyes at last landed on him and his heart soared at the way her grin widened, if that was even possible.

“See you tomorrow.” - she said to the guy in a hurry who nodded his head and left.

She ran towards Harshad like an excited child and threw her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. God, he felt at peace. Her happiness at the mere sight of him left his heart flip flopping.

“I missed you.” - he breathed into her hair. She smelled freshly showered as her hair was damp and that fruity fragrance radiated in strong waves.

She pulled back to grin at him. “I have so much to tell you! Com'on!” - saying that, she urged him to budge and sit in the car. She came around to sit on the passenger seat before he started driving.

“I met all the cast members today. Our looks have been finalized and the director said we will shoot from next week!” - she told him excitedly. “Saanjh, the guy who walked me out, is the lead actor. It's his debut serial as well.”

“That's good. You won't feel nervous that way.” - he said smiling.

She beamed at him. “The shooting will take two... maximum three months as per the producer. Because it's a finite series consisting on 40-50 episodes.”

“Lucky you. I crave for such serials to be honest that have limited episodes and a strong storyline.” - he said making her chuckle.

“But Bepannah was quite an unusual show you know. It felt like a fresh breath of air. The music, cinematography, the actors... everything was nearly perfect.” - she mused with a smile.

He hummed in agreement. “It was until the leap.” - he said laughingly, making her laugh as well.

“I don't understand why ITV is so obsessed with leaps...” - she said shaking her head. “I mean, every serial I have watched since my childhood had leaps whether needed or not.”

“I personally believe, a writer brings leap because his brain stops working or he gets out of ideas so he decides to separate the leads to repeat the story all over again.”

She bursts out laughing at his hilarious statement said in such an innocent tone. Gosh, he was brutally honest and savage!

“You are spot on!” - she agreed, wiping the moisture from the corner of her eyes.

He grinned.

“The first ten to twenty days will be shot in Banaras. We have to leave for it in a couple of days.” - she told him, suddenly remembering.