Chapter 5 gone girl

Alice awoke the next morning, she went down for yet another breakfast, but this time things seemed more divided, more dull. Billy, Harry, Iggy and Coral were all sat at one table while Lia, Hugo, Emily and another girl who Alice knew to be called Abby sat another.

Alice went over to the table with Billy, Harry, Iggy and Coral. "Oh shit, why isn't Aya back"

"Because you made her leave you stupid bitch" Came a shout from the other table, it was Hugo. Alice ignored him, he was just being a sheep.

"I promise I have nothing to do with this, I swear it" Alice pleaded

"We know, sure you pissed her off but you wouldn't do that" Harry said

"Yeah, look meet us in the libray noon today" Iggy said biting her snake shaped pastry

The classes that morning seemed to pass stupidly slow, Alice didn't know what to do she just wanted to disappear. Finally - after what seemed like a century - Alice went to the libray. She quickly found Harry standing beside some book in a quite corner of the room.

"Hey, come on" Harry said before she knocked three times on a red book, two on a green and kicked a brown bound leather bible.
"What the-" Alice said before stopping see the books open to a secret door. Harry pulled her up the narrow staircase as the door swiftly shut behind them. Up the stairs their was a small attick room with some variying chairs. Some were water shapes, other were rings of flames, some were leaves or mushrooms and one was tiny tree. In the room Iggy,Billy, Coral and a blonde girl whom Alice didn't know were sat.

"look the only way to prove our innocence to Lia and the others is solve the mystery"

"No, I'm not a detective and what mystery she's probably gone home" Alice said going to leave

"neither are we but we are elemental society" Billy said trying to stop Alice leaving, Alice turned around

"Look the groups split half of us belive your innocent, the other half are with Lia we need to prove to them your innocent or you could be expelled" Alice sat down as Coral finsished.

"How do we do that?"

"Well there's a risky spell, like grade four Mr Elli kinda spell but it's the only way" Billy said slamming a heavy, leather book down on the table

"Mr Elli?" Alice said confused

"Headteacher, did the sorting ceremony" Harry said as she studied the book with the others. "Now tonight we're calling a meeting, Alice you have to come too as your the only one who can operate this spell"

"What happens if it goes wrong?" Alice said concerned for her own wellfare

"Well um, you, um, you'll loose any memory of Aya and Lia and all of us basically the whole place" The blonde girl said

"Oh great" Alice said sarcastically "fine, it's not like i've got much to loose anyways". The group quickly got to work gathering ingredience and equipment until finally the group was finished as was the school day.

Alice headed back to the dorm figuring that Lia would be there she looked up to the balcony where Aya usually sat, she climbed up there and looked out onto the moorland. Suddenly Lia walked out from her room. Alice stayed dead still hoping she wouldn't see her. But she did.

"How dare you sit there, that's her spot where she sat" Lia said angrily

"I'm sorry that I want to sit here while we all wonder where she's gone, I don't have anything to do with this you know"

"Yeah sure, you just piss her off, go look for her and then she disappears"

"Yes!" Alice yelled "I'm sorry if you think I'm just some crazy bitch who kidnapps people but if you recall she hit me with a fire serpant and I passed out" Alice said climbing down from the ladder

"All the more reason!" Lia yelled, the pair remained quite for a moment "Tell me who then, who's responsible"

"How should I know? All I'm aware of is I didn't do it"

"Prove it!" Lia yelled

"How-" Alice said before Lia put her hand on Alice's head, Alice immediatly went into a vision like state. Everything from the previous night replayed again. Her mean dare, the vision, the evening with Harry. Lia tried to look at the other convosation with Harry but Alice forcibly blocked it out as hard as she could. Alice came out of the trance and fell into Lia's arms.

"Fuck" Alice said as Lia failed to catch her and the stumbled to the floor

"I'm sorry, I just thought- but I shouldn't have been such a bitch to you"

"It's fine don't worry about it" Alice said sitting up a little drowsy

"Friends?" Lia asked

"Of course" Alice said, the two sat in a peaceful silence for a minute then Alice recalled the potion "Oh crap, I need to call of the meeting, spell thing but how to I tell everyone"

"God Aya was right you really do need help learning some stuff, never mind, who we broadcasting to?" Lia asked picking up her wand
"Harry, Billy, Iggy,Coral, Um what her name, blonde straight hair Abby's friend?"
"Oh Maggie?"

"yeah her, um Emily ,do i have to list the whole group"

"No, I know of the group" Lia said before waving her wand in figure of eight. A mist appearead similar to the one telling them to go to bed each night "Go on then" Lia said

"No spell needed everything's solved, Lia's coming to the meeting to and see you all there at eleven"

"What meeting? I'm not joining the school council or one of your sports things"

"No, look just sneak out with me at eleven and all will be good"

"You? Sneak out? Um sure" Lia said a little surprised

The two of them sat around the dorm, Lia spent most of the time doing spells to colour change things or make objects appear. Alice spent her time trying desperatley to learn self defense spells knowing at any moment that the kidnapper could come back. Finally, after hours of waiting the mist appeared telling them it was light out, Alice turned the lights out and got her phionex to sit in the middle of the room as two of them whispered to eachother.

"So when exactly did you and Aya become a thing?" Alice whispered

"Oh well, the mind reading class kinda gave it away"

"Did you see my aura?" Alice asked concerned that Lia may have known about what Harry had said

"Yeah, it was red, I would say pink but it was a very strong red, you seemed pissed anyways" Alice felt relief wash over her, after many hours of talking just asking eachother questions like their favourite foods or colours the bell  finally tolled ten forty.

Ding, dong, ding, dong!