chapter 1 :how it started

It all started the minute I was born 11th December 1863 ...my parents always told me I was their little miracle baby the child that was given as a gift from god, an angel. That was all until my 8th birthday I had a major freak out and set fire to a village with my mind. after that my parents abandoned me told me I was a demon an abomination. so i spent 4 years in foster care and it all became a blur after that until...

All the other girls were being so mean to me laughing pulling at my hair calling me little carrot telling me id never find a husband, so I grabbed hold of a near by wall and my hand began to glow. I threw my hands in the air and all the girls went flying backwards. They all shrieked and Elizabeth screamed and pointed at me "Matilda is a witch." Suddenly the door flung open a short woman with curly black hair and dark skin ran in she grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs. "LET GO OF ME." I squealed. she didn't stop she just kept running dragging me behind her until we got to a small cottage deep in the woods. She sat me at a kitchen table. "what do you want with me." I shouted into her face. she replied "Matilda i have been watching you for weeks seeing you grow into the little witch you are, i want to help you sweetheart." she took my hands and kissed me on the forehead. "I'm your mama now child, you're safe with me."

I grew up learning how to control my powers. I learned about my coven where I came from all except for my parents. "Mama who are my parents." I asked while preparing dinner one night. "I don't know my dear but you probably don't either, you know witches like you aren't accepted into your coven." I slammed the knife down. "I'm 16 now Ma I need answers. please." "Tilly i think its time you head to bed child." I stormed up the rickety stairs and headed to bed. I just Lay there staring up  at the ceiling. I stepped out of bed and looked out of the window. There was a shadowy figure walking around outside I felt so excited. I creeped down the stairs as quietly as i possibly could and wondered out into the woods. It was the most exciting but also scariest thing id ever done. "Hello." I shouted "is someone there." As something flew past me, I gripped my spell book and siphoned it. All of a sudden a a monster with red vainy eyes and sharp teeth flew at me. I jumped back and he put his hand out to shake mine. "Hi I'm Abel and you are Matilda I've wanted your attention all week little witch." "what?" I said starting to worry "I'm not a witch..." He laughed "okay you keep pretending that we don't both know what you are." i laughed " deal." Abel was the first guy id seen since I was 12 years old and yet he was the most hansom kind and gentle one I'd ever met. He taught me all about vamperism and how he doesn't feed for fun just to survive. We met up secretly every night for weeks that slowly turned into month which then turned into years. 4 days after I turned 18 he came to see me this time he bought flowers and a diamond necklace with a small orange diamond. "what's all this for?" I say hugging him tight. " I want you to know how much I've fallen in love with you Tilly. "i giggled and felt myself blush." I must confess I think I've fallen a little for you too Abel." He picked me up and kissed me. That night was the best id ever had, I lost my virginity that night with a frigin vampire. 

Months went by and I fell harder and deeper in love with him. One morning I was sat in the garden when Alice came over to me. " Matilda.?" "yes mama." I said staring back up at her  " I don't want you seeing that vampire anymore darling." my heart dropped. " who?" "Please don't do that sweetheart." I looked down and closed my eyes "yes mama." she grabbed my shoulders. "come here child, I've raised you as my own when you had nobody else. I love you like my own so I just want to keep you safe." I nodded and headed to the cottage. I cried myself to sleep that night but I knew he'd hear me and do what I'd always want him to. "I want to turn you Tilly." he said holding out a glass of his blood. I closed my eyes and drank it seconds later I threw myself out of my bedroom window killing myself. When I sprung awake i felt an insatiable hunger i looked around in a daze everything was blurry and then Abel was stood above me with another glass of blood. I stared at him in disbelief "where- "Don't ask just drink." he said letting me finish the glass and in that moment everything felt so much better and then Alice walked in. 

She screamed "Nooo oh no Matilda my girl what did you do." I watched as she backed away "no mama please. I'm fine I-" i could hear her heart pumping the blood through her vains and i couldn't stop myself. I flung at her and fed on her. i remember the screams and the way they slowly got quieter and muffled and weak. Then she dropped to the floor I turned to Abel. "What have i done? She's dead." he held me and told me it would be fine but that was my mother. It wasn't fine It never would be. That's how i found out I was a ripper. 

The year was 1907 I learnt to control my hunger and I now had magic without having to siphon objects I was so powerful I felt I could do anything. Me and Abel lived in a big house in France it was my favourite place to be the sights the music and the atmosphere everything had finally gotten better  again i believed i was done being hurt. It was a warm night in June, I had spent the day at the local orphanage checking up on the girls. I headed home around 10pm but when i got there my world fell apart i opened the door and saw Abel lay back on the floor with a wooden stake in his heart. I fell apart. Practically crumbled. I thought i was going to die myself. I didn't think id ever stop crying but when i did was when i relised I wasn't safe around anybody. I was a bad person. i vowed to never let anyone in ever again...