Chapter 12. Letters

Author: We're getting close to the end :0

And this was posted so lateeeeeee, Sorry! <3

Btw, this is a sad chapter (in my eyes at least) and if you want it to be worse I have some music ideas for ya!

Mitski - Washig machine heart (Tiktok Remix) || Seafret - Atlantis (sped up) || Ashe - Moral of the story || Keane - Somwhere only we know

Enjoy! <3

Sherlocks Pov.

I had just sat myself down to read the letter Liam had left to Jack to give me when I had come to the place Liam had assigned to me to find his old plans.

It was a long letter, so this better be worth it.

'Firstly, I wish to thank you for reading this letter. Although, according to my profile of you, there was no chance you wouldn't. So, I wasn't worried.'

"Tch..." I let out a little sound at what was written, maybe I should just lay it aside now. But there was something making me continue reading.

'Let's return to the topic. As you know, in this plan, I intend to shoulder all responsibility. I have heard the terms you presented to Her Majesty and the Members of Parliament, in exchange for bringing the situation under control. Thank you.

Even though my plan alone would've been sufficient, thanks to your negotiations, this world is moving towards a better place.

I truly believe that this plan will succeed. Slowly, but surely, the hearts and minds of the people in this country will change. I won't be able to see that future with my own eyes. That's why I wish to make this request to none other than you, Sherlock Holmes.

.

.

.

I entrust this world to you.

Even if the larger framework begins to shift, within it, there will be little voices crying out for aid. I wish for you to help them.'

By these few words my eyes slightly widened and my hands sightly gripping the letter tighter.

'-And another thing When I payed you a visit you asked me this question: "Why did you choose me?" At that time, I wasn't able to give you a proper answer, most probable because we were face to face and I hadn't thought of an answer to that question.

And even now it's difficult for me to explain... But, yes. To me meeting you was, so enjoyable that for a moment, I forgot this heinous plan. I felt like I'd met the one person in the world who understood me. If we weren't standing on opposite sides , I would've liked to continue our conversations forever. I even considered throwing everything away, and having fun solving mysteries with you for good.'

My eyes widened more. What was this feeling I was feeling. It felt like I was breaking into small pieces. I continued reading the letter feeling it getting harder for every sentence.

'Although it's strange that I would hold such feelings for you, a detective. From the time we first met, somehow, I've always felt as if you were an old friend.

That's why, I wish for no one else but you to be there at my end. To me, that's why it must be you.

—If... If we could be born again in a different world, then I hope that this time, I could take your hand...

...And we could be true friends.

William James Moriarty'

I stared at the paper for a second, eyes probably blank. I lowered the paper down between my legs and slowly turned my face upwards trying to hinder the burning feeling of tears behind my eyelids.

"...It was the same...All this time, you've felt the same way!" I said more than a little annoyed.

I got up at lighting speed and rushed to the door.

"'If we could be born again?!' YOU GODDAMN IDIOT!"

It's still not to late... I can save him, I must!

Just wait Liam, wait. Please wait!

Authors note: SO school and more school sorry!

My mistake with this was listening to sad music while writing :'D

Eh... well.

Hope you enjoyed <3

Have a good morning, day evening or night!