Chapter 5

Allison

Allison. Hair and outfit

Is it bad that I liked spending time with Nathan? I mean, it was just one time, but I had fun. He's actually kind of funny. It's cute... Did I just say he's cute in a way? What the hell is wrong with me? I don't even know. I did get weird looks, like from Diamond Russell. She's his ex and the bitchiest person in the world.

I'm not worried. I wish she would try me, but anyway, Maggie had fun with Trey. They are more than likely going to be on more dates. Like I said, I'm happy she's happy.

At school, Nathan was at his locker when he closed it, and Diamond popped up out of nowhere.

"So, you went to the carnival on Saturday?" She asked.

"Yeah, everyone was there, and you saw me," he said.

"Yeah, I did. And I saw you with Allison Richards."

He tried walking away but couldn't, like usual. Diamond always being a bitch about something.

"What about it, Diamond?"

"Well, it's just weird to see you with a girl that's out of your league," she says.

"I'm not with her. We both have friends. We were just talking," he said, trying not to get annoyed, even though talking to Diamond will automatically make you want to stab yourself.

"Yeah, sure. You say that, but just you wait. You'll be all over her, like every other girl, when you know the girl you need is right in front of you," Diamond said, with a sassy look in her eyes. She already plotted. She knows this story, and she wants control of the ending.

"Diamond, we're over. We've been over. Get over yourself," the bell rings, and Nathan walks away. Diamond is not giving up. Like I said, she gets what she wants, no matter the costs, no matter the damages it may cause. She just doesn't give a fuck. This is why you never date a girlfriend like her, with her delusional ass.

During free period, Maggie and I are outside at the quad, studying and hanging out. Or at least, I'm studying; she's daydreaming and talking about Trey.

"You sound like you're in love," I said to my friend as she lay down on the grass.

"I am, even though he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend yet. I already know he is. Look at me; I'm adorable," she says. I laughed a little.

"As long as he treats you right and makes you happy. But if you get married, I'm your maid of honor," I said.

"Duh, who else?" She gets up from the ground.

"But speaking about boys, you and Nathan at the carnival," she said.

"It wasn't bad. It was actually pretty nice. He even won me a stuffed animal," I said, smiling and writing down my notes. Maggie gets a look in her eyes, smiling in a sneaky way. I look up, confused.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nathan likes you," she said.

"No, he doesn't. Just because he won me a prize and made me laugh doesn't mean he likes me," I said.

"Allie, he likes you. And you have a little crush on him. You're still thinking about the thing he said at the park, and I saw you guys staring at the carnival, laughing. You have chemistry," she says. I started laughing in denial.

"Nags, you're funny," I said.

"I'm just saying you and Nate will be cute. 'Naliison' all over it."

"What the fuck is a 'naliison'?" I asked.

"You and Nate's name together, and it makes 'naliison'," Maggie said.

"A ship name? Are you serious?"

"I mean, yes. You guys are cute, and me and Trey already ship 'naliison' so."

My mouth was wide in disbelief. I've never been shipped with a guy, let alone a popular guy, and now 'naliison.' I'm going to puke.

Is that even possible? No way we'll be a couple. If we became a couple, that's going to be weird. He's just okay but not my ideal boyfriend... He does have nice hair, and his eyes are gorgeous, but still not my type.

At Nate's house, Nathan and Trey are hanging out and playing video games.

"So, you and Allie," Trey said.

"We had fun, but I think I'm making progress so far. I mean, I made her laugh and smile," Nathan said.

"Yeah. You guys are so couple goals, even though y'all are not even a couple," Trey said and moved the controller.

"Yeah, she'll never date me, though. I'm probably not her ideal boyfriend," Nathan said.

"Nate, dude, give it a chance. Just get close to her. I want 'naliison' to happen," Trey said.

"What the fuck is 'naliison'?" Nathan asked in confusion.

"You two's names together. Maggie came up with it while we were at the carnival," Trey said.

"You guys are weird."

Trey chuckles.

"Yeah, you're calling us weird now, but trust me, next thing you know, you'll be kissing her under the moonlight," Trey said. Nathan ignored him, and they continued playing video games.

But will 'naliison' really happen? Is that even possible? Maybe, maybe not.