Chapter 20 : Ticket To HappyLand

You feel like a free spirit as the three of you leave the comforting cafe into the slowly growing carnival that kind of gives you a sense of anxiety. It was your idea to come here but you underestimated the amount of people that would be here and as more or less a social recluse, it was scary. Alas, you can't back out right now and try to push those feelings of unease aside for the time being. You do find yourself more or less clinging to Michael and Iggie's sides as you approach some of the games. Michael and Iggie seem to be talking but you're not really paying attention as you stare at the scene around you while you almost automatically reach for Michael's hand. Which thankfully, he doesn't seem to mind as he gives your hand a small squeeze while Iggie points out some of the near by games.

You start to pay attention a bit when Michael suddenly asks you a question, "Do you want to play darts or balloon blast?" He asks softly as his blue eyes are so very comforting to your overwhelmed senses, sort of a grip on reality for you.

"Uh, balloon blast?" You mumble in response as you just chose at random, not really knowing what that option really was. You follow hand in hand with Michael as Iggie follows on your opposite side to the...Oh! That game. The water gun balloon game thingy, that's like the iconic carnival game, is it not?

The three of you have a mini "argument" that goes on for a few minutes as you all get there, ultimately, it's decided on alternating who pays for the games. Michael insisted on being first, then Iggie and you last, much to your disappointment. You all sit down at your seats and Michael quickly pays for the three of you before the game starts, ultimately, your years of aiming for good grades instead of aiming in video games, screws you over. You missed almost 33% of the firing, Iggie did slightly better than you and Michael destroyed both of you. Which makes sense, he was definitely the most video game absorbed one out of the three of you. Considering it was just the three of you, it was guaranteed one of you would get a prize and so Michael quickly is handed a couple tickets. And he wastes no time bragging about his win which just causes you to laugh a bit.

Iggie playfully rolls their eyes and walks alongside you both while you start to head to the darts section which is rather small. Once the three of you are there, Iggie takes their turn to pay, the game is rather competitive and a part of you is convinced Michael is going easy on both of you. Ultimately, you win with just a few points more than the two of them but instead of a plush or something, the prize is a large pizza voucher. Apparently they misplaced their ticket roll which honestly, is a win. Like come on, it's free food? The three of you continue playing more games, all of you ranking up a good chunk of tickets respectively and it has started to get a little late. The sun was getting ready to set and you probably wasted more money than you expected to, losing just wasn't accepted so you all would keep playing till one of you wins. Much to the dismay of your competitive heart, Michael had the most tickets specifically from aim-related games. But you all decide to save your tickets for now so you can instead get some of the bigger prizes at the end of the fair.

You all almost get lost on your way to the food court but eventually you find it, quickly heading to the pizza stall and using the pizza voucher as well as getting a couple drinks. The wait is rather long, probably because a lot of people are ordering right now so the three of you just chat about random things like the scams some of the games did or that Michael is definitely cheating. Which he denies but you know he's lying, little scoundrel. But after a bit, your food is ready and you start eating but you notice Michael doesn't seem to be interested. Which is fair, he works at a pizzeria so he could easily be sick of pizza, especially the scent. Michael eats half a slice and calls it done, Iggie and you both eat your respective amount as Michael is counting his tickets.

Once you finish up your food, you sip on your soda as you listen to Michael tell a story of last year's fair where apparently, someone tried to rent an animatronic for a game. "After my father refused, the guy literally broke in and tried to steal Freddy on the night. But uh, Freddy kind of fell on him..." Michael mumbles sheepishly while trying to not laugh at the predicament.