Chapter 82

Sade's POV:

Opening my laptop to answer the incoming facetime call from my sister, I sat back in my office chair, dressed in a hoodie and spandex.

"Well if it isn't the bald headed scallywag that's always too busy to answer her phone-" throwing my head back to cackle, I played innocent,

"Nice to see you too Lyric. How was Japan?"

"Amazing," she smiled. "To be honest, I just may move there."

"That good huh?" She nodded definitely, making me smile while eating the chocolates I had in my desk drawer. "The twins should be answering in a bit- I'm adding everyone to the call."

"Uh oh, who died?" I chuckled,

"No one, Lyric- jeez. I just have some news to share."

"You knocked up?" A knowing smirk came with her question, and I gave her a look that made her snicker. "Nevermind then-"

"Hiiiii," 'Mara chimed as she and Athena entered the call. I smiled cheekily through a pleasant gasp, and gave her an infant wave,

"Hiii sweetiee. How've you been?"

"Living life to be honest, I've been pretty good."

"Spring semester is kicking my ass-"

"Language Athena." My mother scolded as soon as she entered the call. "And hi girls," she smiled.

"Hi momm-"

"Hey ma-"

"Hello mother."

"This must be important- Sade got us all in this call like this-"

"That's what I said," Lyric gave me a look, which I made a mocking face at.

Just then, I picked my head up to see Lauren walking into the office, dressed in sweatpants and a graphic t-shirt, and a bowl of fruit in her hands. She smiled while ambling up to me, and I returned the expression as my head tilted back just before she leaned down to peck my lips.

"Well lookie there, scallywag number two," Lyric said, making me laugh and Lauren threw an offended hand up.

"What I do?"

"Nothing, Lyric's just a hater-"

"Woah- Hi there everybody."

"Hi Keith!" Everyone chimed.

"Hey dad," Lauren waved.

She was standing behind my chair, but it was too far for my liking, so I pulled her around to sit her in my lap.

"Lauren and I have some news for you all, and I thought it best to just call everyone at the same time."

My mother sat her phone down in the kitchen before walking away. "If it's anything about that ring on your finger, we already know." I threw my hand up, and as everyone laughed, Lauren smacked her lips before looking down at me,

"Emerald, you didn't think to take off the ring before calling them?" I shrugged with a chuckling grimace written across my face.

"Well it's about time- I've been waiting years for this news," Keith smiled. "When's the wedding?"

Letting her answer, I looked up at my fiancé while holding both arms around her waist. She glanced down at me and timidly smiled before focusing her attention back on the computer.