chapter 9

"I'm sorry Emily but it was a mistake, I don't know why I kissed her I didn't even mean to do it and-"

That was the first thing you heard JJ say as you walked into the BAU early the next morning after you and JJ kissed, the comment stung, you thought that she genuinely enjoyed the kiss as much as you but you thought wrong, you went into the bathroom to try and shake off this feeling.

"Woah JJ calm down what's wrong" Emily tried to calm her down.

"I've love- I've loved her for so long and I didn't know how to express my feelings to her properly and I kissed her, she hates me so much and i've said so many mean things to her and there's no coming back from it" JJ continued.

"Jennifer you know you can always talk to me but this is a conversation you need to have with her" Emily affirmed

"Hey Lo" Jennifer called once she saw you come out of the bathroom wiping your tears with your sleeve. "Can I talk to you in my office please?"

"Sure" you sniffled as she opened the door signaling you to go into her office

You sat down opposite JJ in her office in a comfortable leather chair.

"What did you want to talk about?" you asked softly.

"Yesterday, our kiss"

"Oh, the one that was a mistake?" you rolled your eyes.

"You overheard the conversation with Emily huh?" JJ asked sadly

"Yeah I did so I believe that there's nothing left to talk about" You said as you pushed yourself up from the chair. JJ had by then circled the desk and sat next to you on top of the desk

"Sit down love" the nickname shocked you so you sat down.

"It wasn't a mistake" JJ sighed "Not for me at least, It's just like what you said the other day, if I found you intimidating and I said no? I lied i'm sorry, I do find you intimidating Lola because i've been here almost 14 years and I feel like you've been here, what a month now? are already extremely more competent than me and that used to scare me, which is why I would always be so hard on you, but honestly I just wanted to watch you grow, I wanted to see how much pushing you would need to do to become a great profiler, not that I didn't doubt you nor Emily's intuition but I saw so much potential in you Prentiss, and when stood up for yourself, that's when I found you most attractive Lo, I did all that- I said all that- and not once did you ever treat me any differently or take it out on anyone, THAT scares me more than anything I have ever seen in this line of duty, and I love it- I love you"

You wanted this, you wanted an apology and you selfishly wanted JJ to confess her feelings of love to you- granted you never thought you would see either of them any time soon, but this overwhelmed you hearing it both at the same time.

"Jennifer I- I don't know what to say" you started to cry

"You don't have to say anything" she said as she tasted salted tears through your kiss.