chapter 40

"I'm going to see Emily" you said getting up from JJ's couch as you left her office after being in there for about 3 hours.

JJ looked up from her paperwork at her desk properly after throwing you occasional glances to make sure you were still okay "Sure" she smiled.

"Bye" you smiled to her as you shut her door.

"Hey you" Emily said meeting you directly outside the door as you walked outside JJ's office.

"Hey, lunch?" you questioned.

"We'll take my car" Emily affirmed.

"Let's go" you said making your way out to Emily's car.

You got in the car and drove to In-n-Out mostly in silence.

"I missed you" you spoke softly for the the first time in a while.

"I'm right here" Emily laughed.

"Em, you know what I meant" you sighed.

"I spoke to Elle and JJ today and I don't know, Elle said something that's making me question my whole entire relationship with JJ and the fact that she said it is making me question my relationship with her" your lip quivered as you rambled.

"Woah Lola slow down" Emily tried to calm you down.

"We're right next to the In-n-Out- we'll order and then we'll talk about it okay" Emily affirmed.

"Okay" you said with a shaky breath.

Emily ordered for both of you and pulled into a car spot with no cars around it.

"Right" she said pulling up the handbrake "talk to me little Prentiss" you smiled at her using that nickname.

"I'm just not sure who I should believe" you laughed as you took a sip of your drink through your straw, you talked about everything you else for the time being trying to distract yourself and Emily from talking about this particular thing.

"What was the conversation about?" Emily questioned as she looked around going to drive off after parking there for about 30 minutes

You slouched down "you" you said with a very quite voice.

"Hmm?" she questioned without looking at you too focused on the junction ahead.

"It was about you" you said a little louder.

"Me?" she laughed "Why?"

"Well not about you but the conversation was about you about..." your mind travelled off.

Emily pulled the car over and got out of the car you did too.

"I'm right here Lo nothing is going to happen to you or to me, anymore okay?" she said with an authoritative tone and she pulled you in a for a hug.

"Please Emily I really need you right now" you cried into her arms "please just don't let me go I need you"

"Okay Lola you're staying with me tonight, I'll tell JJ and I'll ask her to give you the day off" Emily sighed.

"Em come on" you cried "You need to go to work I don't want to burden you"

"Lo you've been through so much recently, you're never going to burden me I promise" Emily smiled "come back to my apartment right now, we're gonna get you cleaned up and we'll go back only if you want to okay"

"Okay" you sighed into Emily's arms again as she held you tighter.

"I'll take care of everything just go in and sit down I'll make you some tea" Emily said as you walked through her front door together,
you sat on the couch as Sergio jumped onto your lap which made you laugh a little bit as you stroked his fur, you didn't mean to but Emily was so close to you you overheard her and Emily's conversation.

"Hey JJ it's me, so i'm with Lo right now she's home with me she's pretty upset right now and just needs some alone time, she's going through a lot i'm not sure what, it's none of my business but she said you and Elle were talking about how my death was her fault, why would you do that Jennifer?"

"Emily please it wasn't like that, Elle was the one who said that"

"Okay well it shouldn't have been a conversation you all have in the first place"

"Emily can you tell her to come back to work" Emily looked back over to you lying down on the couch playing with tickling Sergio's ears while he was on your stomach.

"She's with me" Emily sighed.

"Fine, you get her paperwork how does that sound hmm?"

"JJ why are you being such a bitch for?" Emily retorted "She's staying with me tonight by the way"

"Tell her to come home" you heard JJ sigh loudly.

"Tell her yourself, I'll doubt she'll answer you though" Emily smirked.

"She threaten you with extra paperwork?" you questioned as Emily slammed her phone down on the shelf next to where she was standing and sighed as she walked over to you.

"Yeah how did you-" Emily started.

"She done it with me too" you said not taking your eyes off Sergio.

"Come on, up" Emily said walking around the couch stretching her hand out for you to take "we're going back to the BAU to prove her wrong."

"Let's go" you smiled.

"I'm still staying over tonight right?" you double checked.

"For as long as you need" Emily smiled.