Perseus and My Terrible Wish (Part 1)

Inside a bus a teen stood out from the few people, well of course he would, who would be wearing a bright orange shirt over a black long sleeve. He sat sleeping against a big camper style backpack. He had well kept medium length dark brown hair with an undercut. His new hairstyle revealed more of his tan face, a rather large birthmark going down from the right side of his forehead to just above his nose. On his left side was a scar going down from his jaw line. He'd received during the end of last summer. Drool slid down his chin and on to his hand he was in fact very much asleep probably dreaming about what to have for dinner. 

The bus made a sudden hard brake followed by a loud SCREEECH. He slid to the left and fell off his seat waking up immediately.

"Huh—what?" He said

When he looked around he saw the Brooklyn drop point, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and he paled seeing the sign again.

"Oh no I fell asleep" he said 

He got off the bus gloomily thanking the driver 

"It's been almost 3 months since I left Camp Half-Blood in search for Luke. No sign of him yet, but I'm sure he will show his face again and when he does—" 

My stomach interrupted my thoughts with a growl

"I need food"

I walked for a good bit until I found a cart stand selling hotdogs. I searched my backpack and found the mortal money that came inside it. It was 200$ in mortal currency split into 10 bills of 20s. I paid the vendor got my hotdog, chips and juice.

When the mortal wasn't looking I took flight and ate atop a building looking over the city. 

"This is a good spot to set up my tent" 

I finished my food, set up my tent and sat on my bed. I took out my old leather bound Journal I got from my mother last summer. This journal had all of the many events and quests I've been on and even had info on the people I spent time with. Now before I read on during my time alone I noticed that some of the events I had jumbled up or confused in my time of stress last year. What else is new?

(I swear Hades is just messed up)

Turning to the first page made me smile and at the same time feel like slamming my head into a brick wall. 

I bet you wanna know my first quest too right? Well, sit around get plenty of snacks and drinks to share with me, because this is the story of how I met one of the coolest people in the world. Percy Jackson the guy I helped last summer kind of reminds of this other guy. They even share a name.

(Don't tell Percy, but I still believe Perseus is cooler)

This is the story of my adventure with the demigod son of Zeus and his name was Perseus

***

So this story begins very similarly to how I woke up last summer in that alleyway, but instead of alleyways. I woke up under the shade of a nice beautiful tree. I wondered away from the tree I called a temporary home and found a flowing river. I drank some water, washed the sleep out of my eyes and then looked at my reflection.

Just like my current self I had dark brown hair and double colored eyes. I was dressed in a white chiton with sandals (very fashionable in this era). My skin was very pale like I had been out of the sun for a hundred plus years and unlike my current self this body of mine was clean and uninjured. And just like my current life I spent alone wondering the plains for a few months.

I walked around enjoying the warm sun, but there was always this thing about me that I found odd. Every now and then I would always end up on a cliff over looking an abandoned ruin, and something about this place made my chest hurt. It felt important for some reason, but I couldn't figure out why? Why was it important?