Zander Analysis

Why does Zander act like that?

Zander obviously has like trust and abandonment issues because of his dad leaving and that's why he got so so defensive when he saw Jake (his bully for like 2-3 years) trying to join HIS friend group. He didn't trust him and absolutely hated him.

Zander is not a brat

The more he hung out with Jake the more he started trusting him and then as soon as he heard the audio he felt betrayed and hurt. He didn't even wanna see jake at that point. Especially since he hurt his sister, his best friend. Zander obviously cares a lot and people make him out to be like an antagonist or a villain but he's not evil, just very hurt and has (somewhat) anger issues. He also is made out to be a villain/antagonist because he didn't hear Jake out and even ignored Jake everytime he tried to talk. The truth is that no, he is not a brat. His trust was just broken and he didn't wanna hear what Jake had to say (rightfully so). Him shutting Jake out and being angry towards him makes so much sense. Like I said he has major trust issues. He was only starting trusting him again after the whole apology/speech because of Hailey.

Zander's backstory

We may not have seen that much from his backstory but I saw what I needed to see. I really loved how Rosy didn't show us too much of it, I think the way she showed it was great. Now what is his backstory? Well we see that his parents fought a lot during his childhood, causing his father to leave. That caused him to have major trust issues.

don't know what else to write here 😞. I hope you liked this analysis!! if I missed anything pls let me know 💕.