This Is My New Life

//WARNING, MENTION OF DRUGS/WEAPONS, DISCRETION RECOMMENDED//

It is the beginning of a new day, the streets of the town are empty at 7 am, businesses are just opening and most of the population is just waking up in the comfort of their homes.

Barnaby's house is in complete silence, Barnaby is peacefully asleep in his bed covered with a simple light sheet as it is not hot, downstairs more specifically on the couch is Wally peacefully asleep, his breathing is calm and his movements are soft, as if he was having a nice dream.

Wally's movements started to become faster and more aggressive, small complaining sounds came out of his mouth, it is more than clear that his peaceful sleep turned into a nightmare, memories of the previous day swirled in his dreams, Miguel's voice can be heard yelling at him for killing him.

Wally stands up with a deafening scream, shaking as he hugs himself "Shut up, it's not my fault, it wasn't my fault, I didn't mean to" he kept repeating to himself over and over again, heavy and quick footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs, a worried Barnaby appears from upstairs running in Wally's direction.

"Wally! Easy, it's ok" Barnaby whispered in an attempt to calm him down, but as he approached Wally he jumped up and ran in the opposite direction, apparently the nightmare activated an 'fight or flight' defense mechanism.

Barnaby realizing that his help would not be the best in this situation began to think of different solutions and scenarios to help his boss, among those ideas the name of a person appeared in his mind.

Quickly Barnaby ran out of the house in the direction of the house of the person he knew very well who would be able to calm Wally down enough to talk to him.

About 15 minutes passed, Wally stood in a corner near the couch sitting and hugging himself, hurried footsteps were heard again at the door of the house and two people entered, one already known to Wally and the other a new face.

This new person is a reddish skinned woman with incredible magenta eyes, curly rainbow colored hair tied in a ponytail, she is wearing a traditional Brazilian dress called a baiana and feather earrings.

The woman slowly walked towards Wally making small soothing noises "Don't be afraid little one, you are safe" her voice came out almost like a soothing, motherly whisper, slowly approaching Wally.

Wally's breathing slowly calmed down, the woman's voice reminding him of his mother and the affection she showed him all his life growing up, with her soothing voice he slowly relaxed, letting out his gasping breaths and letting his arms fall to the sides of his body.

The woman was finally able to get completely close to Wally, hugging him gently and giving him small words of support, the woman's gaze changed from Wally to Barnaby, looking at him with concern.

"You're going to have to explain to me what happened Barnaby, he's too upset about something I have no idea, if you want me to help him I'll need to at least know what happened" the woman slowly carried Wally to lean him back on the couch.

"I know, I think it would be best to have this conversation somewhere else" Barnaby walked from the living room to the dining room, motioning for the woman to follow him, but the moment she tried to pull away from Wally he held tightly to her dress.

"No, please don't leave me" Wally's voice came out cracked, this woman managed to calm him down completely in a matter of minutes and he wasn't going to leave her side for quite some time.

The woman turned to look at Barnaby with concern, returning her gaze to Wally "I won't leave honey, rest easy" she settled back to have Wally hugging her right arm as they both sat on the couch, Wally's eyes gradually closed until he fell into a deep sleepy state from mental and physical exhaustion.