𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

THINK FAST© 2023 — she just wanted to be with her

THINK FAST
© 2023 — she just wanted to be with her

𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐎𝐑 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐀, was a kid from boston, massachusetts

𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐎𝐑 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐀, was a kid from boston, massachusetts. her dad was a black man that her mother had a one night stand with, which means she knows nothing about him. her mother, a white woman named victoria, was a loving and caring soul. victoria was best friends with laurel park and susannah fisher, meeting them her senior year of college. victoria sadly passed away when noa was young, leaving noa all by herself. laurel and susannah didn't want to leave her all alone, the both of them discussing who should take her in. they decided on susannah since she was more financially stable than laurel. with that being said, noa quickly became a fisher without any second thoughts, conrad and jeremiah becoming extremely protective of her.

because she was now apart of the family, she was dragged to cousins every year for the whole summer vacation. it's not that her and her mother didn't attend before her passing, it's just that she wasn't to staying the whole time. but now, she gets to stay the whole three months, every year. she loved everything about cousins; the beach, seeing old friends, the boardwalk. but the one thing that she loved the most about cousins was that she got to see isabel conklin. there was just something about the girl -- and she wasn't just saying that because puberty had finally hit her like a truck. she had felt this way for years now, not exactly knowing what to do about her feelings towards the girl.

the thing about that whole thing is that noa didn't want to risk ruining their friendship. it was only the two of them in that house and she didn't want to deal with the awkwardness that would come when she told belly how she felt. so she just left it alone, ignored how she felt for years. but when she noticed the sudden change in the way her brothers looked at the girl, she realized that she had to at least try and do something. even if she ended up getting hurt while doing it. she wanted to make this summer different. what she wasn't expecting was how different this summer planned on being.

better luck next time, huh?