Chapter 1

It sucks.

Fucking sucks.

This whole lecture and the damn lecturer suck.

And not even in a good way.

I suck better.

My eyes widen at my impulsive thoughts. What the fuck did I mean by that... I don't even know how to suck. That is if you exclude the few times I've practiced with a certain yellow curved fruit.

What?

I like to be prepared for the future and in my future, I could definitely see myself blowing my man.

Plus, I now know that I can take up to...

"That's all for today" The professor's voice breaks through my unholy chain of thoughts and it might be the only time I've ever been grateful to hear his voice.

Quickly, I pack up my books, stuff them in my bag and make my way down the stairs, out the class, into the hallway and out the block going in search of the one person I couldn't go without. Literally.

I'm halfway there when I spot her already coming out with a few people I guess are her course mates. I stop in my tracks and wait for her, my palm raised against my face to shield it from the sunlight which was a little bit harsher than normal.

I became friends with Alaina in my junior year of high school. Was one of those lab partners turned friends kind of friendship. She was fun, smart and spontaneous and I liked that about her. We became good friends four weeks in and together, made junior and senior year a memorable experience for both of us.

We had applied to the same college and were both very excited when we got in. Alaina studying Law and I, Medicine.

Our parents threw us a massive joint party where we were both gifted brand new cars which had "Happy graduation" banners pasted on them along with various ribbon decors.

Ina and I were very happy to say the least, not just because of the cars but because we were finally leaving to another city. It was a bittersweet feeling because while we were overjoyed about going away, we were also sad about going away. It was beautifully ironic.

My parents weren't really surprised when I told them I wasn't taking my car with me to college, they knew I wasn't really keen on driving and only got a driver's license so I could be able to use Alaina's car whenever the need to arose.

Since I didn't want to drive yet, Alaina drove us to and from school everytime we had lectures and luckily for me, we had lectures almost on the same days which meant I got to be the passenger princess and she my faithful driver.

She has been so for the past one year and some months and truthfully speaking, I was definitely going to miss her driving me around after she graduates. But we're in our second year and I have three more left to go with her so I'm going to enjoy as much as passenger princess time I had left with her.

She finally walks up to me, a huge smile on her face. We hug and walk over to where her car is parked, fingers linked together. I let go of her hand and watch as she presses a button on her car key before walking over to the driver's side.

I pull on the handle and get in the same time she does, throwing my bag over to the back seat. She does the same before switching on the air-con, lowering the windows and turning to me "Class was fun today. You?".

I murmur my response, pulling my phone out of my pocket and opening my Snapchat. I had opened a new account yesterday night and hadn't had time to check on it and start it up completely.

"Is that Snapchat? She asks putting the key in ignition.

"Yeah it is" I answer scrolling up my list of friends to see I now have up to about five hundred. Optimistic.