Chapter 12: Maybe (Emery)

I don't know what to do. There's coming out and labeling yourself and flags...I was not expecting this. Its five in the morning and I'm up researching. I just can't fall back asleep. Everything I am looking at is a maybe. I don't think I am going to figure this out right now.

I decide to just get up. School starts in two hours and I also have to drive Violet to her first day of work. She told me she has a strange homeschooling schedule, which is why she can work during the day.

We did a whole first day of work fashion show yesterday. After a few outfits, Violet found a shirt with hearts on it. She seems to keep forgetting what outfits she has in her suitcase, which is kind of funny.

I put on a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans, and walk to the kitchen to make an early breakfast. I want to make eggs, and I've never done it myself. It should be easy though, right. I just follow the recipe. Violet does this all the time, anyway.

As I'm about to crack the first egg, I lose hold of it and it flies into the air. It ends up landing on my head. Thr yellow liquid begins pouring off my head.

I try again. It works. After getting all the eggs in, I have to use flour, I think. I start pouring the flower, but nothing comes out. I start shaking it, but away from me. All of a sudden, my eggy hands make me lose grip of the flower, and while the bag didn't land on my head, the flower becomes like snow falling from the sky. Then, I slip on a missed egg.

Just then, Violet walked out of the spare room, and came into the kitchen.
"Oh, hi-" she pauses and stares at me on the ground.
"Hi. It can't be that bad, right?"
Violet looks like she's about to burst out laughing, but instead she holds out her hand. "It really isn't that bad."
I smile and take it.
"Now, why don't you go shower and explain what happened after."
"Okay, thank you."
"Its my turn to help you." She gives her adorable Violet grin.

I take a shower, change again, and walk back out to the living room, where Violet is on the couch.
"Hi," I say.
"Hi. Okay, come here and explain what happened."
I sit down beside her. "It started about an hour ago. I woke up early and wanted to have breakfast. I wanted eggs, actually. I started following the recipe but somehow eggs landed on my head and flour was falling like snow," I laugh.
"Wow." I can tell Violet is trying to be kind and not laugh. "How about this. We make eggs together, eat them, and then go."
"That's a great idea."

Ten minutes later, Violet finishes putting the egg ingredients in order on the counter.
"Okay, start with the eggs and go down the line."

After I finish every ingredient and step, the eggs are ready and we are at the table. We both take a bite.
"They are so good!" I say.
"I know!"
"Thank you for showing me how to do this. It may seem like I'm being ridiculous but you turned another one of my silly ideas into an amazing breakfast."
"Of course!"
"You sounded like me."
"I kind of did."

An hour later, we are in the car, almost at the bakery.
"Are you ready?" I ask Violet.
"No, but I'm going anyway."
"You'll do amazing, Violet."
"Thank you."

Once Violet is gone, I have to go to school. All my hours are okay. I am invisible, as usual. Lunch is the same and so is the rest of the school day.

Then, I arrive at work. Journalists are running around like crazy.
"Did you hear?" one journalist asks me.
"Hear what?"
"They announced why the princess got kicked out."
"What?"