18. Homecoming

"How do I look?" A soft voice called out, stepping out of the small closet. Sungchan turned to look at the girl in front of him and gasped.

"Oh! You're so pretty!" Sungchan clapped, smiling as Sohee's cheeks dusted a gentle pink color.

She twirled in her fluffy seafoam color dress, batting her eyelashes bashfully. Her short hair was done up in a small bun and her choppy bangs were evened out in front of her eyes without hiding her adorable moles. "Really? You think so? Is he gonna like it?"

Sungchan swallowed the lump in his throat, not thinking about Wonbin -who Sohee was probably talking about- but poor Anton instead. He shook the thought away and held his thumbs up reassuringly. "Totally. You look awesome."

"Okay, can you zip me up? You're my gay best friend after all, Sungchannie!" She teased, sticking her tongue out.

"Oh, god. Please don't call me that." Sungchan groaned playfully, swatting at Sohee's arms with the eyeshadow brush.

She giggled and shoved him away before he could get teal eyeshadow all over her dress. "Fiiine..." She drawled, still giggling and wiping away the eyeshadow on her arm with a towel. He zipped up the back of her dress as a knock resounded on her door.

One of Sohee's dad's spoke up. "Sohee! That Wonbin boy is here, and I ain't letting him in your room!"

"Oh, please!" The other dad groaned. "You let the other one upstairs!" He bickered.

"That's because that one isn't dating her!" The first dad argued back playfully, calling back upstairs for Sohee.

"Coming!" The girl called out to her parents, looking in her mirror at herself and the blueish-green makeup decorating her eyes, cheeks, and lips. She looked like a Monster High doll and it made her giggle. And Sungchan looked just as good, with his crisp white dress shirt and moisturized, shiny hair He'd even let Sohee put peach lip gloss on him.

"We look so damn cute!" She turned in her chair and grabbed her purse, standing up. "Let's go."

Sungchan opened the room door for her, trying not to giggle as he tried saying "after you, my lady" in a bad British accent.

When they got downstairs, they saw him; Wonbin stood in front of the otherwise empty cafe with a small bouquet of orange tulips. He actually pressed his shirt and dress pants, which kind of shocked Sungchan.

Sohee's dad snatched the flowers from Wonbin and put them in a vase next to the cash register before he could give them to Sohee, though. "Oh, how sweet! He got us flowers!" He joked, making Sohee roll her eyes.

"He's just putting them in water for me, babe. Thank you." She clarified, making sure Wonbin didn't take it as a rude gesture. She laced her hands with his and waved to her dads. "Bye, Papa! Bye, Dad!"

The three had walked outside and to the bus stop just as the public transport had pulled up, headed eastbound.

"We're taking only the fanciest accommodations." Wonbin deadpanned, gesturing as the bus driver opened the doors with a grunt. "Public fucking transport."

Sohee laughed airily. "Well, duh! I wasn't expecting a limo or anything, it's not prom!"

The three boarded the bus and Sohee had to hold onto the bottom of her dress to avoid it dragging over all of the nasty stuff on the bus. It smelled gross, but now Sungchan was used to it. Nothing like when he'd first moved to the city.

"Where are you goin' all dolled-up, pretty thing?" An older man had crooned, raising a shaky hand to touch Sohee's chin. Before she could react, though, Wonbin stood up and flipped open a knife. He held it up to the man's neck and glared venomously.