1 : Midnight Spontaneity

You would say all the things that piece together public humiliation would be, 

a. loud involuntary noises,
b. anything that has to do with tripping,
c. banging head into a closed door, and the list goes on. But if presented in public Seowoo actually has a counter presentation of her own depiction of public humiliation.

It was neither of these but rather being drunk outside of her own home. You could maybe conclude her as a person with the confidence of a lion but that really isn't the case for her.

When you survive the day with barely 3 hours of sleep every day for so many years, matters like slipping weren't much of an issue. Seowoo had been medically diagnosed with insomnia ever since she was in college, a result of her weird sleep schedule.

And you may find it odd when you have the knowledge that it can be treated medically but when the case zeroes down to Han Seowoo who had already developed a selective fear of sleeping pills after a traumatic event it doesn't help even if someone stocks it in her house.

As she graduates from college after pursuing her masters, she devised an alternate way of tricking her body into sleeping and that was through playing a game where she drinks every time she cannot fall asleep i.e., every night.

It's called alcoholism but she doesn't have to acknowledge that.

"I heard stretching helps, or a little bit of cardio does the trick,"

The rhythmic tones that softly ring when a car is in contact with the remote key was the only thing occupying the mind of Han Seowoo as she slipped into her car. Her hands were gripping the wheel, but she didn't move to put her key in the ignition.

Ting ting ting.

It played in her head. She inwardly wished the noise would lull her to sleep. If the sound had the power to put her to sleep, sleep meant more to her than disturbing the sleep of others. If that meant she fell asleep on the steering wheel while her car horn blared out, it didn't matter. but nature works in a lot of different ways, never in her favor. .

With a sigh she pressed down on the clutch pedal of the car, half her brain allowing her to function as she drove home. Her eyes glanced at her wristwatch and focused on the hour hand as it got closer to six in the evening.

It didn't bother her that dinner time was near because when it comes to her schedule, dinner doesn't come before eight in the evening. Her schedule was not like other families around the world.

-

"What should I have for dinner?" She sang, moving her limbs gently along to the song she decided to play on the built-in speakers attached to the kitchenette. Love by WAVE OF EARTH drummed the walls of her home.

The white light from the refrigerator stared back at her while her eyes scanned the array of Tupperware containing fermented kimchi and other side dishes on the shelves. The container holding the fresh carrots lit up her mind with meal ideas.

"Gakjaui yeomwoni baraego deotchildoeeo," She hummed the lyrics, sliding the carrots out of the tub and grabbing a couple of eggs from the tray. The rice cooker popped open upon her contact with the appliance and she scooped out a bowl and a half of rice.
[english trans : each person has their own desire painted together]

Opting for fried rice, Seowoo heated the pan and drizzled a few drops of oil into the pan. She has never been a fan of oily meals. The pan sizzles to life as the oil starts to heat up.

"Saram sai sarang modu hamkke moyeoseo," she sang, following the lead singer in the song as she cracked the eggs and chopped the carrots. An image of the big pack of sausage she bought during her grocery haul a few days ago suddenly popped into her head. .
[english trans : love between people everyone gathers together]