☆2

°•𝑺𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰°•

I got up early the next morning, as early as 6:00a.m on the dot to say my prayers and brush my teeth.

Lord knows I'd be damned if I should make mummy late for Sunday school today. She pride herself in being early and has long since drilled into Samuel; my brother, and I importance of punctuality, especially to service.

My stomach let out a loud growl and I groaned, remembering I didn't eat dinner last night due to exhaustion.

Making my way over to my wardrobe, I shuffled throw gowns finally stopping at the dress I had planned to wear. A blue and brown colored Ankara dress sowed intricately to have an up almost turtle-like-neck. Long puffy sleeves, the waist slimmed in but not too tightly so the remaining part of the dressed puffed out downwards in a step-step pattern.

I had chosen this style by myself and absolutely loved it to bits because it never brought out my ugly shape. 

Unplugging my iPhone 6 from my reading table where it was charging I scrolled through my Gospel Playlist finally stopping on my favorite gospel song of all time. Promises by Maverick city. God! How I loved and enjoyed their music. Honestly the best.

I swayed my body to the rhythm of the music flowing from my phone speaker. Feeling myself drown in the melody...

"God of Abraham.. you're the God of covering... Your faithful promises" I sang along as I undressed from my pyjamas, wrapping my long blue towel round my body and putting my braids into my bonnet as I made for the shower.

❧•°❧•°❧•°

Fifteen minutes later.

I stepped out of my bathroom, water dripping down my legs into the foot mat.

I smiled, feeling fresh and clean. Ahhh! I danced around, singing along to the lyrics of Omemma by Judikay, which had been the next song to come play.

Picking my body lotion and pouring a reasonable amount onto my palm I proceeded to rub it all over my body. Giving it a few minutes to dry in, I put on my underwear and bralett and settled down in my vanity table.

Not being much of a girly girl, I didn't have alot of make up items, yunno... The whole set. But I did have a nice little foundation, which was a little lighter than my skin tone which I also rarely ever used. A brown eye pencil, also used as my lip liner, lol. Lipstick, lip gloss, eye glitters (which I also rarely ever used) and my edge control gel.

Getting down to business, I applied a teensy tiny bit of foundation on my face, using my brush to blend it evenly. I brushed and arranged my eyebrows, using the brown eye pencil to line it a little.

I resharpened the eye pencil and used it to line the corners of my lips, giving it a more pronounced brown tint.  Applying a little lipgloss on it, I smacked my lips together, liking the way everything blended well.

Satisfied with the look, I got up to put on the dress. Standing in front of my mirror I admired the way it fitted me well.

Honestly, I wish all my clothes were like this; big, baggy and comfortable. But then again, I wish I was just slim. Taking in the round shape of my chubby face, I felt my insecurity eating me away.

Ugh!! Why couldn't I just be slim and petite like all those other girls on Instagram? Why did I have to be soooo... BIG?

Turning away angrily from the mirror, I stalked to my shoe rack and picked up a black tiny high heel and wore it. Grabbing my purse and putting in my bible, pen, jotter and my phone, I got up.

I sprayed my perfume all over and exited my room.

On getting to the parlour, I met mum seated majestically on the chair all dressed up in her elegantly tailored Ankara gown, and her igele standing firm on her head.

"Good morning mum" I greeted, bowing slightly. "You look beautiful" I complimented, smiling as she laughed waving it away.

"So do you my daughter, are you ready?" She asked.

"Yes mum"

"Alright, get in the car I'll join you shortly" she said and I nodded, walking away.

Once in the car, I greeted Mr Godwin who I observed was anxious about something. I made a mental note to ask him about Felici later. Mum finally arrived and we began the 30 minutes drive to church.

°°☆°°☆°°☆°°☆

After church, we got back home and I assisted mum in preparing fried rice and chicken which we ate admist gists at the dining table.

Later mum drove out to go hang with some of her friends, while I stayed back home. Eating chips and watching kdramas on my laptop.

Eventually, I decided to scroll through WhatsApp and once I stumbled upon Amanda's status, I felt my mood change.

Amanda was my bully and sworn enemy, only God knows what I ever did to the girl that made her hate me so much. She and her squad, Taria and Sally always took every chance they got to pick on me and body shame me.

Throwing my phone away, I sighed deeply. Oh God... Please make this term bearable for me. Oh God please ...

<♥︎> • <☆> • <♥︎> • <☆> • <♥︎>

[ᴠᴏᴛᴇ] .   •    [ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ].   •  [sʜᴀʀᴇ]